Notifications
Clear all

Demos and/or libraries with 80s sounds

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello,

Can someone please recommend any demos showing the montage used to (re)create 80s sounds and/or songs?
I've tried on YouTube it always comes up with the same few demos and reviews for the most part.

I would also welcome any recommendations for custom patches and libraries. As far as I know most (all?) Motif stuff should be compatible, yet in most places that have custom libraries if I set the "target" to the Montage very few are actually shown as compatible. (Now, this might not be accurate, but I'd like to be sure...)

Many thanks in advance!

Posted : 03/10/2016 8:11 pm
Bad Mister

You can find the details about compatibility here

Simply click the tab marked "Compatibility".

In general, Motif XF VOICES, WAVEFORMS and ARPEGGIOS are load able directly to Montage.

Most third party Libraries are either being redone for Montage (taking advantage of the new features) - but if you already have a Motif XS/XF library you can try loading it directly. But it probably would be wise to wait for Montage specific Libraries.

With all the content provided already on board the Montage (it is far more than meets the eye), there is no extreme rush for additional content. But rest assured sound libraries are in development. There are tons of sounds that would qualify as 70's and 80's classic sounds in the internal Montage library, (tons)!

Posted : 03/10/2016 8:33 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Note that at some point Montage firmware updated import support to Motif XS when previously only Motif XF was supported. This, therefore, also expands the amount of compatible expansion packs that can be imported without first running through some other procedure. Some of the Motif XS targeted material may not have updated compatibility once the firmware change was made.

There is a good compatibility tab on the Montage product page.

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/music-production/synthesizers/montage/montage6/?mode=model

I thought the compatibility chart was, at one point, updated with the new firmware information including a more direct Motif XS list of compatible formats. I do not see that now.

The latest firmware (v1.20) shows:

"- MOTIF XS data (X0A, X0V, X0G, and X0W) can now be loaded to MONTAGE."

I'm just not able to find the table that includes Motif XS anymore which I could have sworn was shown in the compatibility tab previously and after the v1.20 update rolled out.

Posted : 03/10/2016 8:46 pm
Bad Mister

Version History

Enhancements

New features;
- Element / Operator Control has been added for "Control Function."
- You can now store Control Function settings as Performance data.
- Song Loop playback function has been added.
- User Arpeggio function has been added.
- You can now separately mute original Parts and newly added Parts by Performance Merge.
- Monitor Volume settings for USB connection have been added.
- You can now control the Super Knob by MIDI Control Change messages.
- You can now copy or exchange Arpeggio Types.
- You can now copy or exchange Motion Sequences.
- You can now copy or exchange between Live Sets in different Banks on a page basis.
- The MONTAGE Connect computer application is now supported.
- MOTIF XS data (X0A, X0V, X0G, and X0W) can now be loaded to MONTAGE.
- Live Set display can now be displayed during Audio playback.
- Knob Brightness setting can now be stored.
- Flags (tone generation attributes of Performance) can now be automatically set and displayed.
- Arp Bypass and Kbd Ctrl Lock functions have been added for "Effect Switch."
- Pedal fuctions such as sustain and sostenuto have been improved to reproduce realistic acoustic piano sound.

Posted : 03/10/2016 9:07 pm
Topic starter

Great! Many thanks!!!

Posted : 04/10/2016 6:20 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us