Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Disappointing

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Motion sequence looks very interesting. The addition of FM synthesis is very welcome, especially as it's 8 operator. Gives the synth a wider range of customizable sound.

Would have been nice if they had added a VA engine. As I work in software I know cost and time limits features. But it would have been nice because AWM2 always seems hard to get some sounds from that a VA would probably do pretty easily. But I get it, there's limits to what can be done in a product.

What's disappointing is lack of a pattern sequencer. I loath DAWs. I have owned three Motif keyboards and they all had the pattern sequencer, and that's how I work. I presume I am in the minority, but it's still disappointing. Last year I was hoping for a new Motif, along the lines of the Montage, and as it did not arrive, I bought another keyboard. Then the Montage showed up this year. I would still have bought a Montage, maybe in a year, but what good is it to me? I only have room for so many keyboards, and I need a master keyboard that can sequence all my keyboards/modules and provide all those great sounds like the Motif does.

I guess I am limited to what's available now, and the used market for Motif, and will probably be forced to use an annoying DAW when I can no longer get a Motif

I realize this post will change nothing at all. Just noting there are people who still use an all hardware setup. Perhaps a small minority though 🙂

Posted : 03/02/2016 7:06 pm
Bad Mister

We still make products that still allow you to use an all hardware setup. We still make a product that is a master keyboard that can sequence all your keyboards and modules and it provides all those great sounds like the Motif... It's called the MOXF -it comes in 61 synth action, and 88 weighted action keyboards. And it happens to be the best selling hardware setup! Seriously.(so we are quite aware that "there are people who still use an all hardware setup"... turnaround being fair play: I am sure you know that there are people who use computers?

You obviously are not familiar with FM-X and its ability to sound convincingly analog. We think that samples plus FM covers those bases of sound flexibility quite well...

The Montage was just one of many new products Yamaha introduced... I would guess out of the 100 new products we recently introduced most did not concern you. But thanks for sharing, though 🙂

Posted : 03/02/2016 8:38 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us