Does your Montage sound like this...?

10 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 G
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Does your Montage sound like this...?

Because you can really hear the "noise" of the keys...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQmvt2QKwO8

Posted : 12/02/2017 1:15 am
david
Reputable Member

If this were April 1st then I'd say you had a click noise programmed into the performance. Might just need some breaking in. Do you have a live, hot, mic nearby?

Posted : 12/02/2017 2:30 am
 G
Estimable Member
Topic starter

david wrote:

If this were April 1st then I'd say you had a click noise programmed into the performance. Might just need some breaking in. Do you have a live, hot, mic nearby?

The video is not of me...

I am not sure if he has the 6, 7, or 8.

Could it be that he has the 8 and this is what the balanced hammer action sounds like...?

Posted : 12/02/2017 3:18 am

He is clearly playing a 61 Montage. I cannot say if the keys make a loud noise but as David mentioned, there is with out a doubt a live mic near by and he is vibrating it with his playing, very obvious.

**My bad, it is a Montage 8.

Posted : 12/02/2017 4:12 am
david
Reputable Member

I have the M8 and it has a muffled thud sound which I don't notice much when the sound is on. My friend has the M7, same keybed as the M6 and he doesn't notice this sound. I've also played his and didn't notice it either. In the year 2050 some company will sample this key noise of the Montage and implement it into a Montage reproduction within a vintage synth pack. 🙂

Posted : 12/02/2017 4:19 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Doesn't sound like keys or even any part of the Montage to me. Bad mic placement for sure. Maybe the sustain pedal or uneven surface resting the bottom of the board and a rocking sound. Extraneous noise not from any mechanical feature of the Montage.

Maybe even a lapel mic and body movement hitting it. Who knows.

Funny allusion to the Rhoads. Yamaha tried their luck at a pristine inorganic Rhodes - I think the ability to have the noisy imperfections is an improvement. But still funny thought experiment.

Posted : 12/02/2017 7:31 am
Ron
 Ron
Eminent Member

Seems that the player must have the microphone very nearby, or even on the board ?? it looks like a montage 6 ore 7 model. i must say i own the montage 8 with the 88 Fully-weighted balanced hammer aftertouch high quality keys, and feels and plays really nice. and sure no background noice and i'm very happy with the qualiy of these keys !!

Posted : 12/02/2017 10:52 pm
david
Reputable Member

I clipped a bell mic on my trumpet bell and every time the valve was depressed it made a loud banging noise. I bet this mic is mounted somewhere on the synth or the stand or table that the synth is sitting on.

Posted : 13/02/2017 3:53 am
 G
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Louis wrote:

He is clearly playing a 61 Montage. I cannot say if the keys make a loud noise but as David mentioned, there is with out a doubt a live mic near by and he is vibrating it with his playing, very obvious.

He is actually playing the Montage 8 - with the balanced hammer action...

Posted : 17/02/2017 11:16 pm

Thanks G, I have corrected my post.

Posted : 18/02/2017 2:38 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us