Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Editable "instrument" list - for DAW use?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I probably missed this somewhere in a download or in a thread here?. I DID search on a few different key words and phrases but....(this is one slow site and the search capabilities are less than great)

Is there a (factory) instrument definition file out there yet? (Yes I know Performances singles & multi's - not to mention Live Sets) I'm using Sonar, with Win 7 64, but any editable list will work (besides that in the PDF doc's)

I was GOING to try and use the free Cubase AI 8 to see what it would yield, if anything, but after I installed it would not run with my (non-negotiable) Win 7 config.

AI 8 requires Windows Aero - I don’t use Aero for a multiple reasons, the impact is on multiple OTHER programs, so I "sacrificed the one for the many."

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=92799

I guess I can try the "run AI 7 with AI 8 license" (if it fever downloads) mentioned in that thread but I suspect Montage support will not be there, or be an issue re: Montage (and I'll probably still not have instrument list).

I forget what issue was with last Cubase AI I got, the one that came with Motif XS (or was it ES before that?), which I traded to get Montage, but I ended up not using it ALSO for technical/config issues (just can't remember what it was - maybe it was how it licensed itself? In any case, water under the bridge now).

Thanks
Larry

Posted : 24/05/2016 10:10 pm
Bad Mister

They are in the works. Tones (Tony Escueta) is well on the way to beta testing an XML for Cubase. After that one for Sonar... (there is no factory Instrument Definition) - one has to be made... Logic Pro, Pro Tools, etc., etc.

Posted : 25/05/2016 3:53 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us