Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Editing / creating Arpeggio´s - Is it possible?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I really love the montage and it is in a good society with my many old analogue synth´s and yamaha family DX7II, SY77, SY99, EX5 & FS1R. Especially (imho) the good sounding X-FM section and the FM editing with the touchscreen. I made many FM sounds in the 80/90ies and the FM Converter does a very good job in converting. 🙂 But, back to my question: What i really miss is a simple step sequenzer like in my DSI P-6 & OB-6. I know at the moment it isn´t possible to create or edit Arpeggio´s on the Montage itself, but is it possible to create or edit Arp´s on a third party software and load the result in Montage? I know the concept is creating sequences on a DAW, but i like it to use the montage without any DAW. Any chance via firmware upgrade to get a simple "step arpeggiator"? 😉 That would be really, really great.

Siggi

Posted : 27/06/2016 1:41 pm
 Falk

I second that! A nice and intuitive functionality for creating user arps (which should also be capable of editing existing arps & saving them to user locations) - would be very desirable, and (with the new high res screen and all) certainly doable! If it is well implemented, maybe more people would use it than in the Motif (as far as I understood, poor usage of the "user arp creation" function in Motif was the reason for kicking it out in Montage...)

Sometimes it might be more efficient to quickly create ones own arpgeggio (once again, if its well implemented), instead of screening 10000 presets for a particular one. Or, you like a preset arp, but would like to modify it slightly...!

And although BM disagrees, I still feel somehow that this could be seen as a logical "second dimension" of the motion sequencer ( time-synchronized automation of controller data vs. time-synchronized note "data" / phrases).

Also, as far as I know, at the moment there is no third party solution for doing this on a computer.

p.s. Apart from that- tried a Montage 8 today at a local Music Store- I agree, it looks, feels and sounds great! 🙂

Posted : 27/06/2016 3:34 pm
Bad Mister

I don't think you do understand.

Not everything that will be available for Montage is available now. That's just the way it is. Not everything that became available was available for Motif in the first two months that it came out. I think folks who can be patient should just be patient. If there was no User Arpeggio spec at all, I could see your concern. But there is. So I'd recommend, if you can, just be patient.

Posted : 27/06/2016 3:46 pm
 Falk

Okay I'll be patient then. Playing my MOXF and waiting for some Montage updates, and software which might come out, and (hopefully) a healthy price drop 😉

And I'll try to not mention the user arp thing in the next 6 months, to protect your nerves BM 😉

Posted : 27/06/2016 4:31 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us