Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Editor available?

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Any chance on seeing a software editor for Montage? It was mentioned by demonstrators at NAMM.

Posted : 19/06/2016 11:09 pm
Bad Mister

I was a demonstrator at NAMM... what was announced was a computer utility that will allow you to route signal using VST/AU setup protocol, and a capture tool to move data from the internal Recorder directly to the computer.

We will release the software "MONTAGE Connect" in Autumn 2016.
This software has two functions, "Recall" & "Performance record transmission".

Posted : 20/06/2016 11:03 am
Tarek
Eminent Member

Bad Mister wrote:

I was a demonstrator at NAMM... what was announced was a computer utility that will allow you to route signal using VST/AU setup protocol, and a capture tool to move data from the internal Recorder directly to the computer.

We will release the software "MONTAGE Connect" in Autumn 2016.
This software has two functions, "Recall" & "Performance record transmission".

That's Cool, but it is not what the OP is asking about, I think the question is if Yamaha will offer a VST/AU Montage Editor in the future, (i.e. when ?) or ... never ?

I also feel that it is important that Yamaha adds control-surface features for Cubase in the near future. I'm guessing that maybe Steinberg and Yamaha will do their best, to make the Montage very closely integrated with a full VST Editor, and Control-Surface functionality once Cubase Pro 9 is released later this year.

Posted : 20/06/2016 11:21 pm
Bad Mister

Tarek, no I read exactly what the OP asked about. People tend to hear the word Editor when that is what they are interested in. I simply clarified what was actually announced - and neither an Editor nor a Control Surface was announced for Montage at NAMM. So again to be clear: a utility "Montage Connect" was announced. It is to recall Montage Performances from the DAW, and export data from the Recorder.

Posted : 21/06/2016 1:10 am
david
Reputable Member

It's been said "Yamaha is not a software company". Plus, if it's free then "you get what you paid for". Put those (2) things together and you get free software from a non-software producing company. Not really a very promising combination. 🙂

Posted : 21/06/2016 1:10 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us