Notifications
Clear all

Effects Data Lost from Performances When Loading MoDX User file to Montage M

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I'm having an issue when loading a MoDX user file into the Montage M. None of the effects are loaded and the slots are all off for all performances in the Montage M user bank. Insert effects and master effects are lost. The effects all show status off and effect type none in the Montage M. I'm taking the flash drive formatted on my MoDX and loading it into the Montage M. I'm trying to transition from the MoDX to the Montage M - I've got a lot of user performances set up for gigging on the MoDX. Can someone else confirm if this is a problem or not. Any advice is appreciated.

Posted : 23/04/2024 10:58 pm
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Actually all the effects are turned "ON", not "OFF", but there are no effects loaded. Tried to figure out how to edit my post but I gave up after a few minutes.

Posted : 23/04/2024 11:56 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

It lets you edit your message right after posting but only gives you a limited amount of time -- often shorter than it takes to edit the post -- before the ability to edit the post is removed.

I guess others will need to chime in how well conversion from MODX files works.

Just curious: are you using the latest firmware?  The latest v1.22 released in Feb says it fixes some problems loading MODX (and other) data.

V1.21 to V1.22

Fixed problems;

Fixed a problem in which some Performance information is not loaded properly when loading the following model files.

* MOTIF XS, MOTIF XF, MOXF, MONTAGE, MODX, MODX+

Posted : 24/04/2024 12:56 am
Trusted Member
Topic starter

No, I had version 1.21. I loaded firmware 1.22 and reloaded the MoDX user file - looks like everything effects-wise in the performances is good now. Thanks for the quick response and help. It's great having you in this forum helping out.

Posted : 24/04/2024 3:13 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

No problem - and thanks for laying out the real-world case of what was broken in v1.21.  I'm sure it will help others down the line.

EDIT: (FYI - wow, it took about 30 seconds of waiting after the "working" circle went away and just sat there before finally posting my message -- be patient with the forum or you'll end up double posting).

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Jason

Posted : 24/04/2024 3:08 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us