Clear all

Ethnic Sounds

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Mete
Topic starter

hi,
yamaha montage has very nice turkish, iran, arab drum sets. but the voices of these ethnic regions are very weak. It would be great if you could transfer the sounds from Yamaha Tyros to montage. Another brand has developed a lot of Turkish, Arab, and Iranian voices. I do not prefer that brand. Montage sound quality is very good. but the inadequacy of these ethnic voices is very bad. I think you need to develop.
thanks

Posted : 26/01/2018 6:37 am
 ESHA

Hi Mete

Do you mean these samples are driven from PSR expansion pack (compressed ?)

Tyros premium pack is about 4 times larger than the PSR Expansion pack for the same samples amount.

Can anyone confirme this please ?

Posted : 27/01/2018 11:20 am
Bad Mister

yamaha montage has very nice turkish, iran, arab drum sets. but the voices of these ethnic regions are very weak.

There are no "Vocies in the MONTAGE. We assume you are talking about PERFORMANCE PARTS. Well, one of the design concepts behind the MONTAGE is that the factory provides some 6,347 Waveforms and you can add 2,048 Waveforms of your own choosing to each Library location. If you find any area of ethnic regional sounds weak, you should find, purchase and install what you consider strong sounds to YOUR MONTAGE. That is your responsibility. Yamaha and many third party companies make Sound Libraries that you can purchase and load to your customized MONTAGE.

It would be great if you could transfer the sounds from Yamaha Tyros to montage.

Tyros sounds are not compatible with MONTAGE.

Another brand has developed a lot of Turkish, Arab, and Iranian voices. I do not prefer that brand. Montage sound quality is very good. but the inadequacy of these ethnic voices is very bad. I think you need to develop.

I think you should do some research into seeing what third party companies have made such sound libraries (whether they are good or very bad is purely subjective). Try to find out when they intend to release them for the Motif XF/MONTAGE. If they are as popular as you think, you should have no problem finding such libraries.

Motif/MONTAGE Waveform format should be fairly attractive for third party companies making sound libraries. We will definitely take note of your request for these types of sounds, and will report back on when such items will be or even if there are plans to port some of the Expansion Pack content to MONTAGE compatible content. Those products: Tyros, PSR-S-series, Genos come from an entirely different Division in Yamaha - so sorry I don't have details on any plans to make any of that content available on the synthesizers.

In the synthesizer world, at the NAMM show this past weekend we announced the "Sample Robot - MONTAGE Edition"
You can anticipate that many different software solutions will find their way to market. When you are looking for sounds, you should remember that there are many companies that support the Motif XF and MONTAGE as a Waveform platform.

www.yamahamusicsoft.com
www.easysounds.de

Posted : 31/01/2018 7:16 pm
 ESHA

Hi Bad Mister

The Ethnic samples that Mete was referring to, are actually came from the YAMAHA PSR or Tyros Expansion board

but he claimed the samples sounds thin

so, my question is

Are these ethnic percussion samples are from PSR or Tyros ...?

the PSR expansion sound board are compressed
the Tyros premium sound board are not

or, does the Montage can read compressed waveforms ...?

Regards

Posted : 01/02/2018 8:28 pm
Bad Mister

It matters not, because MONTAGE can read neither PSR, nor TYROS Waveforms.

The MONTAGE can read Waveforms made for the MOXF, the Motif XS/XF or native for the MONTAGE, only.

Posted : 01/02/2018 8:34 pm
 A
Estimable Member

The PSR series uses the Super Articulation structure which is inferior to the eXpanded Articulation in MOTIF and Montage. I've tested the majority of PSR A3000 voices and they are not on par with what MOTIF series can handle.

Example: "Tar instrument" is among the oldest pluck instruments, pretty much what guitar is originated from. If you compare the acoustic/classic guitar samples on MOTIF with the samples in PSR-A3000, it's not even half of them.

The problem with many users of Yamaha synths from my region is that they don't know how to speak and write in English. But what some users like the above and I represent are the voice of many many users. I am a member of non-English forum (nearly 20,000 users) as well and I'm transferring somewhat their voice.

People like us are here to improve things and to help Yamaha in making greater products covering a wider range of audience. If we the waverom of Montage is perfect, then there will be no need for Yamaha to record and add new samples to its successors. I personally consider MOTIF XF the most powerful synth among all other alike synthesizers. But it doesn't mean that it is flawless or does not need adjustments.

Many modern western musicians use oriental/ethnic instruments as a flavor or a level of professionalism in their arrangements. We also mix the oriental/ethnic music with the elements of western music so I strongly believe it is crucial for Yamaha to come up with nice and strong samples in the ethnic/oriental department in the absence of decent ethnic voices.

Posted : 02/02/2018 2:56 am
 ESHA

Ok, so,

Are these ethnic samples any good as these found in Tyros premium expansion?

Or they are converted from PSR Expansion?

Just to clarify one thing:

Theses samples was exclusive for Tyros/PSR.

Hope to get an answer, as I’m interested to get the Montage

Posted : 02/02/2018 3:57 pm
Bad Mister

Just so you know, Yamaha is very aware of the requests for not only more sound Libraries in this area, but more interactive features (like real-time interactive control over micro tunings). Currently, the PSR-S series, Tyros series, and Genos are going to lead the way for such content and features... if you are into this you understand that these types of keyboards leans themselves to such content via the Expansion Pack concept.

In the Division responsible for Synthesizers, the development of content is not as “international”... and I imagine that is driven by the market (the customers that buy the instrument). Sound development is ongoing, Yamaha, like most companies, does not always announce future plans.

There is not much I can say beyond, we are quite aware of the various niche markets (some are quite huge, I use the word niche in lieu of “special interest”). I can tell many a story that shows a bit about the depths of research that Yamaha does to find the right instruments to sample, the right rhythms to include, the right controls to make it an enjoyable musical experience for the player and the listener.

Posted : 02/02/2018 9:35 pm
 Mete
Topic starter

Hello there,
Although 3 years have passed, montage sound banks are very few. neither ethnic voices, solo violins, strings, or choral voices. Some people who see this gap produce an ethnic sound bank and sell it at an impossible price. I hope yamaha does something about it.

Posted : 28/04/2020 4:24 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us