Clear all

Exchanging Montage 6 with Montage 7

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi everyone.

I intend to exchange my Montage 6 (OS 2.5) with a Montage 7 (OS??)

Am I correct in assuming the following:-

1. Save my current 6 contents to an ALL File.

2.Install latest firmware into the 7. (This might takes more than one attempt depending on existing OS version ??)

3 Factory Reset the 7

4. Load my All file into the 7.

I'm hoping this will pretty much load everything to the 7 that was on my 6.

Many thanks.

Posted : 17/10/2018 8:24 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Factory resetting your Montage 7 after doing a firmware upgrade and before installing an "ALL" file may be "doubly redundant". No harm - but also likely no gain.

It doesn't matter if you go from a 6 to a 7 or 8 or any combination of old-to-new. The X7A file looks the same for each keyboard.

The only difference is how many keys you will have access to on the control surface at one time. Since you're going from less keys to more keys - you shouldn't have to adjust anything. Although you may find you can split the keyboard differently and maybe avoid using the OCTAVE+/- button - or avoid having to share keys and mute or morph and instead using a split where two PARTs are in different key regions of the keyboard. But that's a finer detail and programming choice with the new keyboard layout. You'll be more than fine with the old Performances as-is on your Montage 7.

Posted : 17/10/2018 9:50 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thank you very much Jason.:)

Posted : 18/10/2018 7:32 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us