Clear all

Few questions: easy arpeggio recording, difference montage 6/7/8

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Roy
Topic starter

Hi there,

I really like montage vids! The sounds, the power knob, almost everthing about it.
I'm this close to buying one! To bad I can't try one out here in the Netherlands first.

Now i have a Motif XS7. I use the arpeggio's very much. Mostly for inspiration.
I record them in Cubase. I record 'one' arpgeggio at te time.
Is recording a 'single' arpeggio, still possible on the Montage and just as easy as with the Motif XS?
I ask this because i read that there is only 1 mode in Montage. (so not just a voice mode?)

Second question. Does the Montage 6 has all the same possiblities as Montage 7 and 8?
Just as many sounds, arpeggio's, memory.
Is the 'only' difference that the Montage 7/8 has more keys?
And that the Montage 8 has hammered action keys?

Thank you very much! If these questions turn out positive, I will make a pre-order of the Montage 6 😀

greetz,
Roy

Posted : 18/06/2016 1:47 pm
Bad Mister

I record them in Cubase. I record 'one' arpgeggio at te time.
Is recording a 'single' arpeggio, still possible on the Montage and just as easy as with the Motif XS?
I ask this because i read that there is only 1 mode in Montage. (so not just a voice mode?)

Yes, it is possible to record any of the 10,000 arpeggios OUT via MIDI, and it has been improved since the Motif XS. The elimination of both VOICE and SONG/PATTERN MIXING modes streamlines the Montage. Instead of referencing a ROM Voice through the Performance or Mixing PART, the individual sound is autonomous. A Part is not referencing another location. It is a stand alone entity. A Part can be a complete playable sound or it can be a component in building a bigger sound.

In the Motif series you had 8 Waveforms maximum in a Voice. When that Voice was placed in a Part (as in a Performance or a Mixing) it stood as a separate entity. A Part in Montage can still have 8 Waveforms, but now those 8 Elements could be making up the soft strike wave set of an instrument, while Part 2 could be another set of waves that make up the hard strike of the instrument, and yet another Part might add different articulations to your performing palette. So it's possible to use not just 8 Elements per sound, but is possible at maximum to use 64 Elements to build a single playable sound! The Montage is able to link multiple Parts in a way that lets you play it as a single cohesive instrument sound (if you wish)!

Recording the arpeggiator (there are 8) to the DAW will be covered in a future article but has been streamlined and can be done one at a time (or as many as eight simultaneously). The setup is easier, and if you wish, you can simply link your Montage to follow DAW clock while you record the arp to the internal Performance Recorder (then the data transferred to your DAW as a .mid file).

Second question. Does the Montage 6 has all the same possiblities as Montage 7 and 8?
Just as many sounds, arpeggio's, memory.
Is the 'only' difference that the Montage 7/8 has more keys?
And that the Montage 8 has hammered action keys?

Correct.

Posted : 18/06/2016 2:11 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us