Notifications
Clear all

Free Sound Library

21 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
Jason
Illustrious Member

Regarding scat voices - I wonder if you are aware of the "Jazz Singers" Performance already provided?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBOjHasDm74

If you need to have more choices - there may be something. Requires more research. There's also the possibility of reconfiguring the underlying waveforms for your own custom Performance.

When doing a [CATEGORY SEARCH] - find all of the vocal Performances and see what's there. "Pad/Choir" main category, "Choir" sub-category.

Posted : 24/08/2021 7:04 pm
Reputable Member

My apologies. For some reason I haven't seen this patch! OK! Jazz Singers very beautiful patch!
I somehow earlier sampled omnisphere but manually i'm never happy with the result.

Posted : 25/08/2021 11:52 am
Reputable Member

btw please advise me waveforms to mix the crystal glass sound like D-50 classical patch sounds.
Some bells, steel and oberhaim strings? Any ideas! Natural timbres are too recognizable it's not very good they need to be mixed somehow cool.

πŸ™‚

Posted : 25/08/2021 8:34 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Is it "Fantasia" you're after? I see a Performance called "Fantasy" and another "FM Fantasy" under the main category "Chromatic Perc" and sub-category "Synth Bell". They are right next to each other in the Performance list (Data List document). I haven't listened to them so I don't know how close they are to "Fantasia" - but it's fairly typical that names inspired by other gear is thinly veiled. Still, about a 90% chance this sound doesn't match what you're after.

If you don't want to discover first what you already have inside your instrument (I would do this first) - there's a set of D50 presets sampled and assembled for the Montage or MODX. An internet search will lead you there. It's not distributed through official channels and I haven't looked into these sources. There's several different packs it seems. There's also a player who claims to sample his own stuff. Some packs are free and some are not. The D50 pack happens to be free. There's a lot of free choices seemingly as teasers for the more extensive packs.

So if you look around - there's a lot of choices for D50. I would tend to think without purchasing a pack - and without using samples - you can get pretty close with what's in the presets already.

Posted : 26/08/2021 3:52 am
Reputable Member

Thank you, Jason!

MODX Fantasy is good! πŸ™‚
I like sound GX1 and Sci-Fi although they are not fat enough

It’s not that I’m looking for the D-50, but it’s like landmarks where to go and approximate direction.

SCL223 - D-Logia D50 Vintage Pack - Yamaha MODX
Sales Price: 29,00 €
Discounted Price: 19,00 €

Not free πŸ™

Posted : 26/08/2021 10:17 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

There are several (4 or more) D50 packs with a charge. There's a content provider who offers some free and some paid and the D50 happens to be in the free category.

Posted : 27/08/2021 9:20 am
Page 2 / 2
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us