Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Hello it is possible to convert UVN file(Tyros 3 sample based instrument) to the Montage?

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello, based on what i read i'm thinking that UVN can be converted to Motif XS/XF format as voices, then imported into the Montage. I found a few sample conversion sofware programs that advertise this but i didn't have the courage to purchase one or the other because i'm not sure that it will work. The UVN sample voices are regional specific and i couldn't find a substitute on the Montage. Any ideas? Thanks.

Posted : 09/11/2017 7:39 pm
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hello Marius - I don't think it's possible to convert UVN to X7U/X7L format, don't know about Motif (X3A?) but I imagine a lot would get lost in the process. I guess you have a Tyros 3? I have one too, and have linked it with Montage via MIDI (see separate thread 'Montage MIDI issue?'). This allows full unadulterated access to all the Tyros voices, Registrations, and auto-accompaniments (although the last cannot be recorded on Montage) - with the advantage (if you have a Montage 7) of a 76 key expansion. The only snag is that the Montage must be either in MIDI mode or USB mode, so you can't use both at the same time unless you have a DAW to do it for you. Which I don't. I have enough trouble as it is!

Posted : 10/11/2017 11:05 am
Bad Mister

No, sorry, Marius, there is no file compatibility between Tyros and the Yamaha Synthesizers (other than SMF, Standard MIDI File, .mid)

Posted : 10/11/2017 12:12 pm
Topic starter

Ok,thanks 🙂

Posted : 10/11/2017 12:20 pm
Topic starter

Hello, my question was if i can convert UVN sounds (Tyros 3) into XS/XF format so that they can be loaded into the Montage. I managed to do that with a software conversion program which I BOUGHT. I don't want this to sound as a rant but Yamaha should provide for free a similar type of program, so us, users, can benefit from all our Yamaha keyboards. It's enough that we pay a lot of money on the instruments themselfs. Thank you for being so active on this forum, i may have expressed myself wrong on my question, that's why you couldn't help me.

I think i shoud post this somewhere else, but as much as i like the CFX piano, the damper effect it's really unnatural, i had to take each part of the piano and turn off the effect. At first when i played it i thought something was wrong with my sustain pedal. Then i turned off the reverb, and still something was wrong. For example,i play a note/chord, lift my fingers, a half a second pause then i press the pedal, it sound like i'm in a concert hall, maybe you can test this on your unit. The sound i use is the CFX Concert, first page,second performance. I tried to reduce the amount of damper effect, but still sounded weird, so i turned it off completely and stored as a performance. Thanks.

I forgot to say that i sold the Tyros 3 months ago before buying a Tyros 5, but somehow i kept the library, which i glad i did. It's hard to carry around both the Tyros 5 and the Montage. Firstly i wanted to convert some custom sounds from my Tyros 5 to the Montage, but my Tyros 5 library is encrypted, so immediately i searched my laptop for the T3 library and started research to see if it's possible to convert custom sounds from T3 to Montage.
I managed(as i wrote above) to convert UVN to X3V with a software program, then import them into the Montage, the downside is that i had to reassemble the elements of the particular sound, then work on velocity, range, etc.. I am aware that sometimes there are cases in which, even with the help of all possible software programs, sounds can't be converted, but this was not the case. Thanks.

Posted : 21/11/2017 11:54 am
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hello Marius - I see why you wanted to convert Tyros 3 sounds! In my view, the Tyros 3 is the best of the Tyros series - my only regret is that it doesn't have flash memory - or 76 keys - but allied with the Montage solves that problem! I've played with the CFX Concert, but don't get quite the same result as you - more of a distant ring akin to reverb - I've never noticed it, but then my ears hardly notice a train wreck ... I spend quite a lot of time fiddling with piano sounds - none of them seem to have conviction all across the board. Very difficult instrument to get right. Keeps me off the street ...

Posted : 21/11/2017 8:29 pm
 Mete

Hello Marius. tyros file motif file with which program can I convert?
thanks

Posted : 11/09/2019 4:33 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Awave studio supports converting Tyros UVN

Posted : 11/09/2019 7:10 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us