Clear all

Hey, my Fantom is two years old....

63 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Thank you very much, Jason.
I see those parts are still under a shade for me.

Posted : 14/12/2021 9:22 pm
Member Admin

It's mutual, Google loves you. They deeply and profoundly love you, despite knowing you better than you know yourself, and having an absolute perfect memory of everything you've ever done, and all that those around you have ever done, and all they've ever said about you.

That's true love.

Everything about you will never be enough to satiate their love.

Posted : 14/12/2021 9:24 pm
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Google doesn't know a thing about me.
My twenty mail accounts or so are under names related to their vey name, not mine.
I use Brave browser.
I search via DuckDuckGo or Brave engine.
My movements under Maps are made using a tablet lacking a SIM and offline thanks to previously downloaded maps.
They even don't know I am so bad at cooking I use a can opener to open the eggs...

Posted : 14/12/2021 9:38 pm
Member Admin

Ha. Well played.

is Brave browser the answer to: What's controlled opposition?

Posted : 14/12/2021 10:12 pm
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Cannot tell you...
But it turns it is the only one brave enough to handle nearly all my requirements.
It even logs me flawlessly in the Yamaha Forums....!!!!

Posted : 14/12/2021 11:12 pm
Member Admin

It even logs me flawlessly in the Yamaha Forums....!!!!

Next you're going to tell me it works with SoundMondo, and all my dreams of Yamaha fixing things will end in a pile of bits and bytes crushed by their management team echoing "but it works when you're Brave".

Posted : 14/12/2021 11:38 pm
Reputable Member
Topic starter

The only thing I am about to tell you is that I am starting to feel not smart enough: DAW, parts not being controlled by the keys I play, love from an algorithm so hot it needs everything from me all the time, controlled opposition, SoundModo...

Music is complicatedly easy...
Just keep the time...said Haendel.

Posted : 15/12/2021 12:09 am
Member Admin

You're the epitome of modesty, good humour and wise choices.

All rarities in this era, and signs of deep intellect, I've been told.

I wouldn't know. I'm shallow and empty, like a meeting of Yamaha's Product Managers.

Posted : 15/12/2021 12:46 am
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Do you think they might be in the need of someone composing an Overture for them to start thinking the thing...?

Consider me a friend and you wouldn't lie as you go telling them they can count on moving ahead With a Little Help from My Friend.

Posted : 15/12/2021 1:29 am
Member Admin

Yamaha's barely heard the voice of reason, I doubt they'll tune into the thoughts of a song.

They don't even consider the thoughts of their (former) highest paid consultant.

Take a look back the past decade of Rossi.

Posted : 15/12/2021 2:54 am
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Billions of blue blistering barnacles....!!!!

I hardly give up, but if you say Rossi(ni) and his L'elisir d'amore didn't result in any results...

But wait, I now realize he didn't had the astounding chance trying the easiest way: Roland Fantom, did he ?

See that since we first talk without me receiving any warning concerning the enterprise ment to put and end to your proven patience, I went and approached my keyboard with utmost desire (feel free to tell Google) and it turns I now have the first mesures ready...and the brass and rolling tΓ­mpani working the tempo and going out of sadness as they go raising crimson flames tied through the skies as the end aproaches. Mmmm...another trumpet here might fill this gap....Don't know why, but the endings are the first things I do.

Am I to carry on forging the pending middle steps out from this flock of stereo partials then...?

Posted : 15/12/2021 3:27 am
Member Admin

I'm all ears, maestro!

Posted : 15/12/2021 3:53 am
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Alright, and in so doing I will refrain from using any tab (sure there is a musical instrument named so) in order for you not to miss it...:D πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Β―_(ツ)_/Β―

Posted : 15/12/2021 4:58 am
Member Admin

Alright, and in so doing I will refrain from using any tab (sure there is a musical instrument named so) in order for you not to miss it...:D πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Β―_(ツ)_/Β―

Just don't call it "Auto".

Posted : 15/12/2021 5:28 am
Prominent Member

JASON: From a pure oscillator to key ratio - the two instruments are equivalent. Then the Montages offers twice as many oscillators - the second half available through external control. The loop back cable is a hack that's available - but the "front door" usage would be to have an external controller addressing these oscillators...In this regard, there is no need for a loopback cable unless you want to achieve twice the oscillators available to Fantom under direct local keyboard control.

That's an interesting way to look at it. But, realistically, I'm not sure it's very useful to equate the 64 keyboard-controllable Roland Partials (16 parts x 4 Partials each) with the 64 keyboard-controllable Yamaha Elements (8 parts x 8 Elements each)... from a musical (rather than technical) perspective, you're controlling 16 simultaneously independently keyboard addressable sound programs on the Roland vs a max of 8 simultaneously independently keyboard addressable sound programs on the Yamaha (even if those individual 8-element Yamaha sound programs may sometimes be more sophisticated in their assembly than the equivalent 4-partial Roland sound programs). But in the end, I agree with how you later summed it up:

Actually, I think it's irrelevant how many oscillators each offers. There are a bundle of features each provides - solving common musical tasks in different ways.

So yeah, a given sound may be more impressive (or otherwise more to your tastes) based on being made up of 8 elements on the Yamaha (or more, in the case of multi-part instruments) vs. only 4 partials on the Roland, or perhaps by making use of the FM sound engine, or other unique capabilities of the Yamaha, while you may find other sounds preferable on the Roland, maybe due to some of their own modeling or virtual analog functionalities.

ANDREW: The Roland is...also a full workstation.

How so? I don't think Roland calls it that, and AFAIK, it lacks the defining feature of a workstations... a fully editable, linear multitrack sequencer. (Same as with the Montage/MODX, even though both have other kinds of sequencer options available.)

Posted : 16/12/2021 1:19 am
Page 2 / 5
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us