Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

how can I delete the superknob and keep a certain soundsetting?

18 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Jason
Illustrious Member

I think if you take your time, you'll see that the [SHIFT] + [PERFORMANE] (HOME) shortcut, THEN touching the "Edit Part XX Control Settings" (aka "wormhole" ) doesn't do anything - not one bit of anything - more than directly going to the "Mod/Control" -> "Control Assign" screen directly.

The [SHIFT] + (HOME) screen can help with visualization, but doesn't do anything to enable your editing. It may be easier to see the visualization so you're more sure you've selected the right PART.

For me, I will usually go straight to the "Mod/Control" -> "Control Assign" for the PART I want to edit, turn on "Auto Select", then start spinning each of the Assignable Knobs starting wit Knob #1 and ending with Knob #8 while looking at the destinations. Fairly quickly, I get a summary of the possible superknob links - as superknob, at the PART level, is only interacting through these assignable knobs. Since Knob 1-8 can be in many modes (assignable OR tone OR eq/fx OR arp/ms OR pan OR reverb OR variation) - you have to make sure they are set to ASSIGN mode first by ensuring the [ASSIGN] button to the left of Superknob (for Montage) is lit. If it isn't, press it to set Knob 1-8 into PART Assignable Knobs 1-8. Since you are editing the PART - they will be PART level and not Common Level.

Severing the "ties" to superknob need not be done at this level - at the final destination - to delete those ties you could also go to [PERFORMANCE] (HOME), press the Performance name at the top - choose "Edit" from the popup menu - then select the left-hand touchscreen menus "Control" -> "Control Assign". Again, make sure "Auto Select" is turned on. And, again, ensure the [ASSIGN] button is lit. Then, spin each knob 1-8 to see the assignments. Look for "Part X Assign Y" where "Part X" is the part number you want to sever the ties to. You can delete all "Assign Y"s for a given "Part X". This is what I assumed you had already done from the get-go when you said you deleted all of the superknob ties to a particular PART. Deleting at this level would leave the PART-level assignable knobs still able to control parameters, but superknob would be disconnected.

Posted : 28/11/2018 3:32 am
Gabi
 Gabi
Estimable Member
Topic starter

when I first posted this question this is what happened. I tried to save a part with a certain setting by deleting the superknob settings directly in part edit and it did not work, but doing it with performance home worked.

Posted : 28/11/2018 9:11 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Why not try again? Start from scratch and do not use the overview screen [SHIFT] + (HOME). Go directly the the PART and edit there. The "wormhole" teleports you to the same screen, so there's no difference. The real difference is likely in something else you now know to do. It's hard to follow the breadcrumbs remotely - but since they are the same screen - I would retest the theory that there's any difference. Maybe along the way will be a "lightbulb" moment.

There's also some learning along the way about the source of "extraneous" noise - the vinyl effect.

Posted : 29/11/2018 1:18 am
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us