Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

how can i get modx sounds for my montage?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Is there anybody who can get me the modx sounds for my montage?

Greetings from the Netherlands.

Stefan

Posted : 31/01/2019 9:30 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

What MODX sounds are not already either part of your Montage or available as expansion libraries?

I'm not aware of any exclusive content for MODX. Perhaps you have more details?

Soundmondo recently updated the icon for Montage or MODX content and shows a MODX picture. I think it would have been better to show half Montage and half MODX - with a wavy line splitting the middle and clear logos labeling both. So both MODX users and Montage users see this graphic and think - "this Performance will work fine for me". Currently it may be confusing there that some content looks like it's for MODX even though it is compatible with both. Likewise - older submissions show a Montage and all of those would "work" in MODX.

Posted : 31/01/2019 10:03 pm
Bad Mister

Is there anybody who can get me the modx sounds for my montage?

Hi Stefan,
The MONTAGE can receive any MODX content via the Soundmondo App. Since the MODX lags at least a firmware version behind the top-of-the-line MONTAGE, the MODX may not contain all the same content as the MONTAGE. Currently, they both contain the same 6,347 Waveforms, although the MONTAGE has 512 more Preset Performances.

As to data ‘captured’ to the Soundmondo App, MONTAGE-generated content will include programming concerning the Ribbon controller and Aftertouch, while programs developed on the MODX may not include programming assignments for these controls. It may be of interest to know whether the programming was originally done on a MONTAGE versus MODX. Original programming done on the MODX is unlikely to contain any Ribbon and/or Aftertouch programming (as it would have had to be done “in the dark” (without hearing the results).

The MODX File Types (.X8_) are not readable by the MONTAGE, however, the MODX can read and translate (.X7U and .X7L) MONTAGE User and Library Files.

As far as I know, there is no MODX-only content. A “smart” third party developer would release data in the MONTAGE File formats, as the later release (MODX) can translate the earlier synth’s (MONTAGE) Files. But MONTAGE cannot translate MODX File data.

If you own both, use Soundmondo “Capture” function to translate data in either direction.
If you are constructing data using custom Waveforms, you should definitely do that work in the MONTAGE.

Posted : 01/02/2019 9:49 am
Topic starter

Sorry for the late reaction, thanks for the explenation above, i tryed soundmundo and ik works perfectly, thanks again, greetings from Stefan

Posted : 17/02/2019 10:11 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us