Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

How can I save the on/off state of Assign Buttons with a Performance?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Gary
Eminent Member
Topic starter

How can I save/set the on/off state of Assign Buttons with a Performance?

I see in Edit Common>General that I can select Momentary or Latch, but not where I can set to have Assign 1 or 2 be "On" when the Performance is selected. Is this possible?

Thanks,
G

Posted : 10/06/2016 5:00 pm
Bad Mister

How can I save/set the on/off state of Assign Buttons with a Performance?

I see in Edit Common>General that I can select Momentary or Latch, but not where I can set to have Assign 1 or 2 be "On" when the Performance is selected. Is this possible?

Hi Gary, Thanks for the question.

No, the Assignable Function Switches will default to being RESET to OFF. This in normal and is by convention - (same as Pitch Bend is reset to +0000).
If you desire that the Part behave differently, you will need to reprogram its behavior, recognizing that the default condition for that switch will always be OFF. It would be the same thing for programming a sound with the MW up, the MW will always default to the 0 (OFF) state when a Program is initially recalled.*

In the Data List booklet you see how a RESET ALL CONTROLLER Message affects the Montage controllers. This is sent when you recall a program.

MODULATION 0 (minimum)
EXPRESSION 127 (maximum)
BREATH CONTROLLER 127 (maximum)
FOOT CONTROLLER 1 127 (maximum)
FOOT CONTROLLER 2 127 (maximum)
FOOT SWITCH 0 (off)
RIBBON CONTROLLER 0 (center)
ASSIGNABLE FUNCTION 1 0 (off)
ASSIGNABLE FUNCTION 2 0 (off)
MOTION SEQ HOLD 0 (off)
SUSTAIN SWITCH 0 (off)
SOSTENUTO SWITCH 0 (off)
MOTION SEQ LANE 1 0 (minimum when Polarity is set to Unipolar and center when Polarity is set to Bipolar)
MOTION SEQ LANE 2 0 (minimum when Polarity is set to Unipolar and center when Polarity is set to Bipolar)
MOTION SEQ LANE 3 0 (minimum when Polarity is set to Unipolar and center when Polarity is set to Bipolar)
MOTION SEQ LANE 4 0 (minimum when Polarity is set to Unipolar and center when Polarity is set to Bipolar)
RPN Not assigned; No change

Doesn’t reset the following data:
PROGRAM CHANGE, BANK SELECT MSB/LSB, VOLUME, PAN, HARMONIC CONTENT, SUSTAIN LEVEL,
RELEASE TIME, ATTACK TIME, DECAY TIME, BRIGHTNESS, EFFECTS 1 DEPTH, EFFECTS 4
DEPTH, PORTAMENTO SWITCH, PITCH BEND SENSITIVITY, FINE TUNING, COARSE TUNING,
ASSIGNABLE KNOB 1-8
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can set the parameter CONTROLLER RESET to HOLD, this will allow the condition of the Switches to be maintained between programs (the default condition is CONTROLLER RESET is set to RESET. This is found in UTILITY > "Settings" > MIDI I/O > Controller Reset.

Posted : 10/06/2016 7:36 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us