Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

How can i sync/change tempo of the arpeggio with the drums?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

How can i change the tempo of the arpeggio? How can i sync the arpeggio with the drums. A detail explanation would be appreciated.

I added a drum track (drum arpeggio) and added another part and selected a guitar arpeggio but both the parts does not sync. The drum track tempo is set to 86 and the guitar arpeggio is not in sync with the drum track. Can some one help me.

Thank you.

Posted : 14/05/2016 6:34 am
Bad Mister

How can i change the tempo of the arpeggio?

The Montage has one clock and all tempo driven functions automatically follow/reference that clock. This includes the arpeggios, the Midi Recorder, the tempo sync LFOs, the tempo driven Effects, and the Motion Sequences. This clock can be driven internally, by an external Midi source, or via an analog-to-digital input.

When it comes to arpeggios, they automatically follow the Montage clock. If it is set to "internal", the arps run at the tempo as set on the main screen of the Performance. Touch the Quarter Note/BPM area on the top line of the screen -- or -- Touch [SHIFT] + [ENTER] to move to the Tap Tempo function, now you can tap the [ENTER] button, tap the area of the screen, or simply use the DATA DIAL to bring up the desired BPM.

How can i sync the arpeggio with the drums. A detail explanation would be appreciated.

A clarification of the question would be appreciated on this side. 🙂 Are you referring to external drums via a microphone?
If not, arpeggios do not "sync with the drums" - drum sounds are triggered by the arpeggiator.

The drums triggered by an arpeggio have no choice but play at the indicated tempo... Unless you use "Unit Multiply" to change how the arp references tempo. At Unit Multiply = 100% an arp will play at the set tempo. At 50% the same phrase happens in half as much time, this is called "double time"; at 200% the same arp phrase will take twice as long to occur, this is called "half time"

I added a drum track (drum arpeggio) and added another part and selected a guitar arpeggio but both the parts does not sync. The drum track tempo is set to 86 and the guitar arpeggio is not in sync with the drum track. Can some one help me.

There is a wildcard in playing arpeggios... They do not start automatically when you press a button or turn them On. An arpeggio must be armed (On), the Master Arp On/Off Switch must be armed. And then you must touch a key within the range of keys and/or at the velocity set to "trigger" its playback.

Just because two arp phrases are playing at the same tempo foes note guarantee that they work together. Just because they don't (musically) work together doesn't mean they are out of sync. It could be they just don't fit.

There are many parameters that affect how the arps play:
_ Toggle the Master [ARP ON/OFF] button Off then On to reset all active arps, then trigger a note.
_ If you set the ARP parameter for controlling CHANGE TIMING to "measure" you can assure that arps phrases will complete and only change at the top of the next measure.
_ the HOLD setting is critical. If set ON arps, once trigger, continue even after lift your hand; if set to OFF the phrase stops when you are not holding a key; SYNC-OFF allows the phrase to sound only when you engage a key, but it does not reset to the top of the phrase if you release a key... Instead the timing of phrase picks up wherever it would have advanced to at the point you trigger another key.
_ all of the Arpeggio Play Effects can alter how an plays.

We are not clear on exactly which drum arp and which guitar arp you are trying to match. If you'd prefer we can give you an example to try out and to learn from, then you can build your own. Let us know

Posted : 14/05/2016 5:57 pm
Steve

How about external drums via a microphone? Or better yet my guitar players rc50 loop station?

Posted : 16/05/2016 1:25 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us