Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

HOW DO I HAVE STUDIO ONE PLAY BACK DIFFERENT SOUNDS ON THE MONTAGE?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Let me preface this post by noting that I have almost zero experience with MIDI, DAW, etc. However, I've managed to figure out how to connect my Montage 8 to Studio One. My question is this, how can I set the tracks so that each one plays back a separate sound from the Montage? For example, if I set-up two instrument tracks and then playback the tracks, if my Montage is set to piano, both tracks will play the piano back. What if I want one track to play piano and the other track strings. I can't find any way to select the presets from Studio One.

Posted : 20/03/2018 1:13 am
Bad Mister

If you want to setup in the traditional one track, one Part, one MIDI Channel method of working, here’s how:

You make your instrument selections on the MONTAGE...

From the [PERFORMAMCE (HOME)] screen
Press [CATEGORY SEARCH]
Touch “Init”
Touch “Multi/GM”

This creates a setup where you have an instrument in each of the 16 Parts, each Part on a corresponding MIDI Channel.
This is the standard starting point for the type of recording you are describing.

The default setup has a default Piano in each Part except Part 10 which has a Drum Kit.
You are free to substitute for any of the 16 Parts, here is how

From the HOME screen of the “Multi/GM” Performance
Press [PART SELECT 1] to select Part 1
Press [SHIFT] + [CATEGORY SEARCH] to view the Part 1 Category Search screen
Set the “Bank” = ALL
Set the “Attribute” = SINGLE
This will restrict your search to just complete instrument sounds... that can occupy the Part slot and play across all keys and at all velocities.
Green sounds in the search engine are Single sounds addressable on a single MIDI channel from your DAW.

When you are ready move to [PART SELECT 2]
And select a Single Part Sound to replace the “placeholder” in the Multi/GM template... you can chose any Single program for each Part, 1-16. Use [SHIFT] + [CATEGORY SEARCH] to search for an individual Part.

When you have completed your setup of instruments, you should press [STORE] ... it will take you to the Performance Name screen, give the Performance a Name and write it to User memory... OR you can use MONTAGE CONNECT

You will want to run MONTAGE CONNECT as a plug-in so that it can automatically capture and restore your PERFORMANCE.

Posted : 20/03/2018 2:20 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us