Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

How do I slave the tempo on the montage to ableton live as the master?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I'm running ableton live on a laptop connected to my montage. I am wanting to use ableton as the midi/tempo master so that when I trigger a loop in ableton it changes the tempo setting in the montage. Therefore, any patch that I'm using on the montage with an ARP or whatever would be sync'd to the tempo that Ableton is set to. I'm not sure how to go about this, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Posted : 06/01/2019 7:28 am
Bad Mister

Make sure your computer DAW program (Ableton) is set to send MIDI CLOCK to the MONTAGE via USB on “MONTAGE Port 1”
You must be using the “Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver” version 1.10.2 for your computer type (Mac or Windows PC).
On the MONTAGE, press [UTILITY] > touch “Settings” > “MIDI I/O” > Make sure MIDI I/O = USB
Set MIDI SYNC = MIDI

The MONTAGE will now follow the Tempo set in the DAW... all clock information for Arpeggios, Tempo driven Effects, Tempo driven LFOs, Motion Sequences, etc will follow Tempo as set in your computer software.

Extra Credit: All Tempo driven things in the MONTAGE will reference the tempo as set in your DAW program, but you still must start Arpeggios with a Note-On event, played at the appropriate moment.

Posted : 06/01/2019 9:53 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us