Notifications
Clear all

how load a one x3v voice sound into montage

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Robert
Topic starter

I have my working bank I have moved with motif xf to montage.
Ho would add a few more x3v sounds to the existing one and I'm afraid I will not wipe out the existing ones??
how to load only one x3v?

Posted : 08/09/2017 1:15 pm
Bad Mister

I hope you can understand the answer.

A .x3v file type = an ALL VOICE for file for a Motif XF.

The MONTAGE can convert the entire ALL VOICE file as a "LIBRARY", it will take all 512 Normal User Voices and 32 User Drum Kits in that file and convert them to 544 Single Part MONTAGE Performances. This will be installed to a MONTAGE LIBRARY (temporarily). You can then pick just the individual program you want and using the "Import Library" function add them to your current USER Bank.

Here's the detailed summary:
Assemble your sounds in the USER Bank. You can view and get a count of the programs currently in your USER Bank:
Press [UTILITY]
Touch "Contents" > "Data Utility"
Touch the "PERFORMANCE" folder.
This will show you your current User Bank and tell you how many of the 640 locations you currently have occupied.

You will need to know this number because you are going to select individual Performance programs to add to this... and 640 is going to be the maximum.

Load your .x3v (Motif XF All Voice) file to a Library:
Touch "Contents" > "Load"
Set "Content Type" = LIBRARY
Find your .x3v file and proceed
This will install the entire 544 XF Voices to a Library location. The MONTAGE takes longer to 'convert' than to load it own format... it will rewrite all the Motif XF data in MONTAGE format.

Once completed you can play through the converted data... here's how:
Press the HOME button...
Press [CATEGORY SEARCH] repeatedly until you see the "Bank" = your Motif XF Library...
By pressing the button repeatedly you will see the Bank toggle from "All" > "Preset" > "Favorite" > "User" (your current User Bank) > "Library1" > "Library2" and so on... and finally back to "All".

Select your installed XF Library. The fields will be populated with just the Performances (Single Part (green)) made from your XF file.
Play through them making note of those that you want to add to your current User Bank.

Import Library
This [UTILITY] > "Contents" function allows you to go into any of your eight installed Libraries and move individual items from the ROM LIBRARY and place them in the USER (RAM). It will automatically bring along any Waveform data associated with that entry... reprinting the Waveform data so that you can assemble new data, adding it to data currently in your User Bank.... ultimately you will create a new LIBRARY from the data you have assembled in the User area.

You can select a Program by touching it, a check mark appears. Mark those you want to import... and execute.
Now you have copied this data (and importantly, if it uses custom Waveforms they will be brought over as well) to your current User Bank.
You can DELETE the temporary XF Library (544)...

Finally... "Contents" > "Save/Store" > set "Content Type" = LIBRARY
Execute
This will SAVE your current USER Bank and create a MONTAGE .X7L Library File, which you can then install (permanent version) as one of your eight ROM Libraries
"Contents" > "Load" > set "Content Type" = LIBRARY.
Select you newly created data to your ROM LIBRARY.

Posted : 08/09/2017 2:14 pm
Robert
Topic starter

thanks..;)

Posted : 08/09/2017 2:53 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us