Notifications
Clear all

How to edit arp pattern?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Ben
Topic starter

Hi all, I'm looking into buying the John Melas Librarian and Performance editor.

Anyone know if I can edit the arpeggiator patterns? Either from the keyboard or from the software. Sometimes I find something in the database that's very good, but just slightly off from what I'm looking for. Especially for guitars. Editing the arp could help me cut out those couple unnecessary notes.

Posted : 15/05/2018 7:46 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

You could play the ARP - force all ARP notes out MIDI - record them with the DAW - edit them - then re-import the MIDI file and convert to a user ARP.

There's not a direct way to edit the preset ARP itself.

Posted : 15/05/2018 9:04 pm
 Ben
Topic starter

Thanks, I'll have to look into the custom midi arps then.

Posted : 15/05/2018 10:03 pm
Bad Mister

Hi all, I'm looking into buying the John Melas Librarian and Performance editor.

Anyone know if I can edit the arpeggiator patterns? Either from the keyboard or from the software. Sometimes I find something in the database that's very good, but just slightly off from what I'm looking for. Especially for guitars. Editing the arp could help me cut out those couple unnecessary notes.

Hi Ben,
No, you cannot edit the arpeggiator patterns in the traditional sense, directly. That said, the ARP PLAY FX do allow you to adjust the timing and feel of what is played. If you are talking about editing individual Notes, the method is to record the output of the arpeggiator to your DAW and then edit in the traditional note varying way.

You can transfer the Arpeggio data to MIDI Events by recording the data from your MONTAGE to your DAW (MONTAGE comes with a license for Cubase AI)... There you can edit it. If your goal is recording - then that's where you do it. If your goal is to take the arp phrase with you, to use in a "live" performing situation, then after you EDIT the phrase, cutting out those couple of unnecessary notes, you can save that data as a Standard MIDI File (extension = .MID) and load it into the MONTAGE.

From there you can convert the data to a USER ARP... There is no direct way, but that will not prevent you from being creative and editing, adjusting, and even personalizing any of the data. In fact, I highly recommend it. It is well worth the effort when you get a musical phrase to do exactly what you envision!

Never say never, it's a synthesizer!

Posted : 16/05/2018 8:16 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us