Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

How to set a fader to control the volume of an external module..

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Lars
Topic starter

Hi there.

I am using a prophet 6 module with my Montage (nice pair)..
I need to be able to turn the volume of my prophet 6 up and down on the fly,
i know that i can turn the midi volume up/down in the zone setting,
but i want to control that parameter on a fader at the keyboard? DOES ANYONE HOW I DO THAT, AND TELL ME HOW??

THANKS,have a nice day..

LARS

Posted : 29/08/2017 8:00 am
Bad Mister

When you activate the ZONE MASTER function globally, and then edit your Performance so that one of the slots is dedicated to an external ZONE, then the FADER can control the external device using cc007.

Normally, the FADERS are used for internal PART VOLUME 1-8, PART VOLUME 9-16, or as ELEMENT/OPERATOR LEVEL depending on the current front panel context. The red LEDs will indicate the internal output level.

When a Performance slot has a Zone Switch activated that PART can be used to communicate with your external device. While a slot can address both an internal instrument and external device simultaneously, it is recommended that you turn the INT SW = OFF, as this will allow you to set the functions independently for your external device.

You can transmit OUT from the MONTAGE PART on any MIDI Channel you choose...

Alternate Method
You can, additionally, plug the audio out of the external Synth to the A/D Input of the MONTAGE. Doing so will make it available as a modifier in the Motion Control engine. This will allow you control the volume, panning, effects applied to it on a per Performance basis... even assign the Super Knob to control it.

Posted : 29/08/2017 3:22 pm
 Lars
Topic starter

THANKS ALOT,

IT WAS ALREADY ASSIGNED, I SHOULD JUST MOVE THE FADE.. THANKS.NOW I UNDERSTAND..

LARS

Posted : 29/08/2017 3:31 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us