Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

How to use a Montage performance recording in Logic Pro X with Montage as sound module?

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Peter
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi,

Can someone point me to a place where I can read/learn about the topic about.

I have read the Montage Connect manual and my Montage Connect seems to be working as it is expected to.

I have read the article here "Connecting MONTAGE and Logic Pro X" which seems to be a Part 1. Maybe it is Part 2 I am missing and which I don't believe has been published sofar. I can follow this Part 1 article and can re-create most of what it describes.

What I want to do is to use a multi-track performance recording from the Montage, transfer the corresponding MIDI file to Logic Pro X, and then set it up here so it uses the voices (performances) in the Montage, not the voices on the computer.

I have found out how to transfer the MIDI file to the computer and include it in Logic Pro X, where the first two tracks in Logic Pro X looks the same as in the article mentioned above with "Montage Connect" in Track 1 and "Montage Port1" in Track 2. Then Track 3 becomes an empty track (no MIDI) and the following tracks are the ones from the MIDI file of the performance recording, each assigned some (random?) voice from Logic Pro X. These are the tracks I want to connect to the relevant performances in Montage and thereby use the Montage as sound module.

I think it is rather basic what I am trying to do, but I just don't know how to - and I believe this is supposed to be part of the workflow planned for Montage and the performance recorder.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Posted : 29/01/2019 10:33 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us