Clear all

Hybrid Performer on Montage

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Marc
Topic starter

Hi there,

As being a newby in ‘Montage land’ I hope you can me help me with following question.

I discovered the website Easysounds while looking for a good sound to play Narcotic from Liquido.
It seemed it was distributed within the Hybrid Performer 3 for Motif.
I tried now to load these files into my montage. But here are now my questions.

Which file do I need to load. Hybrid3.x6a or Hybridperformer3.X3a and do I choose for Voice or Performance. (I tried it all…)
After installing I got this message: Some keybanks were not loaded.

Now I can find the Hybridperformer3 in my performance category search as well as the P_Hybrid3.
So I have a bunch of performances but can’t find any relation to the Narcotic Song.

Then I took a look at the Txt file that was included in the hybrid download to see how the Narcotic song was build so I could try to do it manually.
But it seems that different performances are missing
JP Saws Poly – Venus Pad – Liquid aIr – Mini 4 Pop

I even downloaded and installed the Motif XF Perfomnce.x7L library but the files are still missing.

I must say I am still impressed in my Montage but find it, being a newby, very difficult to work things out.
So my questions:
• What am i doing wrong
• Is it the X3A or X6A file that I need to install and voice or Performance
• Where can I find the complete Narcotic song setup (and the others)
• If this could not work on the montage, is there another way to retrieve this Narcotic setup

So I hope someone could give me some answers so I can get a bit further learning to understand the Montage (and play Narcotic sounding as the real stuff)

Thanks

Marc

Posted : 22/12/2020 4:31 pm
Bad Mister

For help with the EasySound custom Motif XF/MOXF data please contact: support@easysounds.de
They created the data and are best to help you convert these older libraries to the MONTAGE (If possible). Sorry, I don’t know the Hybrid Performer libraries you are talking about but because these were built for the MOXF/Motif XF, you may want to ask if they have a version of the data created for the MONTAGE.

BTW all of the factory Motif XF Performances are already loaded as Presets in your MONTAGE.
From the HOME screen:
Press [CATEGORY SEARCH]
Tap the “Bank/Favorite” option
Select “Motif XF”
Here you will find all 512 of the original Motif XF Performances converted for the MONTAGE.

Posted : 22/12/2020 8:13 pm
 Marc
Topic starter

Thanks Bad Mister for the answer.
It seems that this Motif XF library is gone in my Montage. Maybe during loading of another library.
Can this original library be found again without going back to factory settings? Or downloaded somewhere?

Posted : 14/12/2021 4:27 pm
Bad Mister

Thanks Bad Mister for the answer.
It seems that this Motif XF library is gone in my Montage. Maybe during loading of another library.
Can this original library be found again without going back to factory settings? Or downloaded somewhere?

It is impossible for them to disappear. They have been burned into permanent memory of your instrument
Try again… these are the 512 Performances that came with the Motif XF.

From the HOME screen
Press [CATEGORY SEARCH]
Set “Bank/Favorite” = Motif XF

When you tap “Bank/Favorite” you will see a drop-down list of Banks
_ Favorite
_ Preset
_ Motif XF
_ User
This will be followed by any Library files you have installed to Flash (maximum of 8 Libraries).

Posted : 14/12/2021 4:43 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

What version of firmware do you have? The Motif XF bank was added after the first release.

To see your version:

1) Press the [UTILITY] button
2) On left-hand side there are two levels of tabs. The left-most level press "Setting". The next tab over select "System". By convention I usually document this as pressing "Setting" -> "System"
3) At the bottom of the display is a version number: MONTAGE Firmware Version: *.**.*

... where *.**.* will be replaced by your particular firmware's version number.

Firmware version 2.0 and above has the Motif XF Performances.

Posted : 14/12/2021 5:53 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us