Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

I need a Wobble Bass like the Roland one that is used at the Song "Let The Music Play" by Shannon

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hi,
I'm searching for a Wobble Bass for the Song "Let The Music Play" by Shannon. I work on a Performance for that song. I do not find a Wobble Bass in the Presets of the Montage. is there anyone or do I find it on a Third Party Library. Or something that sounds nearly the same?
Programming with FM-X seems to me very difficult.
Thanks for help
Rainer

Posted : 19/04/2019 1:14 pm
Bad Mister

Usually when someone wants help with a sound they post a link to an audio clip. Wobble bass for one person is something completely different to someone else. Can you post a link to something that sounds similar to what you are going for ... a little help for a little help.

FM-X programming is only difficult if you don’t know the basics.

Posted : 19/04/2019 1:26 pm
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hi Bad Mister,
the basics of FM I know.
Here is a Link to that Song on Youtube. I hope You can here the Bass well. If not I will search for another one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB_dYLTHsPA
Rainer

Posted : 19/04/2019 1:56 pm
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hi,
here is one more example. I find out that the song is using the TB303 from Roland to make this sound happen.
I think they using a Sawtooth to realize that but not sure. And when they use the filters.
Here is the second link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt71d5LIV5M
Dr. Mix is describing and showing how the TB303 is working.
Rainer

Posted : 19/04/2019 2:19 pm
Bad Mister

You could start with the Factory Preset: "Boogie A Legato RB"

A combination of a Roland, a Prophet V, and a Moog bass, you can work from this to get that sound. As recalled it is the "Boogie On Reggae Woman" sound (Steveland Morris) but if you activate the [AsSw1] you'll change the Filter Attack. Work with the front panel Quick Edit knobs for Cutoff, Resonance and FEG Depth to get the precise sound you desire.

Press [AsSw1]
Raise the FEG DEPTH

BTW - you have a compliment of ancient analog synth wave in the MONTAGE... please explore...

Posted : 19/04/2019 4:06 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

In general, I would go to [CATEGORY SEARCH], first filter on AWM2, and then choose the main category "Bass" and sub category "Synth". There are several pages to go through - but "Boogie A Legato RB" is there along with others I think would work like "Rn Bass RB". It's up to your ears to decide which bass works for you.

If you want that pattern played for you - you'll need to employ some kind of ARP. The same general idea here would apply. Use the ARP category search - filter by Bass main category and other various sub-categories. I ended up finding an ARP in the "Syn Comp" section (not necessarily a bass-centric category). Turn on the main ARP switch - and see how these sound. I landed on "MA_TraSynthArp15". Set that to the ARP #1 individual ARP - turned main and PART ARP to on. Sounds close enough for me and the arpeggiator handles the 16th notes.

Posted : 19/04/2019 8:17 pm
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hello Bad mister,
hello Jason,
thanks for that answers. It is very helpful.
@Jason:
Thanks for the information of the Arp thing. I will have a look at it.
Whenn my Performance is ready to play I will send it to Soundmondo.
But there mor Parts I will programm that the Performance works right.
Rainer

Posted : 20/04/2019 7:21 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us