Notifications
Clear all

Illegal file when creating library file

18 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hy
I did some sounds on samplerobot and export them like library file. Then I load this libraries and with import library load them in user area. Then done a new library for this five sounds.
But when I try to load this new library it comes illegal file. The OS is the latest.
What I'm doing wrong? It's problem with samplerobot again?

Posted : 18/11/2019 2:22 pm
Bad Mister

Trying to follow what you wrote. Seems you have created a Library and you load it successfully (we presume) — it is only after you use Library Import that you have an issue — is that correct?

Did you verify that it loaded properly after initially loading the file?

Posted : 18/11/2019 5:44 pm
Topic starter

I load 5 libraries(each containe 1 performance from samplerobot).They load ok. Then I use the library import to import them into user area. Than i save a new library from the utility/save.
That library show illegal file when tryin to load it.

Posted : 18/11/2019 6:06 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I would maybe try finding a different USB stick just to rule out bad sectors or some other type of issue with the USB flash drive used.

Posted : 18/11/2019 6:21 pm
Topic starter

Thanks for the reply.
This USB is formated on montage yesterday so.
I try with another one but is the same thing....
Any sugestions?
How to use samplerobot if I can only export userfile or library and then can not merge libraries in one? So I can do 8 sounds on samplerobot and that's it?

Posted : 18/11/2019 8:31 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

What's odd in your description is that Montage appears to have no problem accepting Samplerobot's X7L or X7U files you create. That load process you reported is working. It's the merging (Library import) followed by saving - which is also working with no issue - followed by a load which is reporting an issue.

I personally only format USB sticks in the PC. Because Montage has some limitations on how it deals with partitions.

That's why it's a common fix to keep digging for a "good" USB stick (one that doesn't throw Montage) as a "fix".

That may not be what's going on here - maybe the USB stick is fine and there's something else going on.

When you look at the USB stick in your computer - what's the size of the final library file you saved on the USB stick? The one with the merged "keepers" from multiple source libraries?

Also - Samplerobot is sort of limited in how it creates X7U or X7L files. You cannot, that I'm aware of, tell it to "add to" an existing samplerobot session so you can record multiple instruments and end up with multiple performances. Are you trying to combine multiple X7L files created by Samplerobot? Or just one Samplerobot X7L file and then other X7L files that were not created with Samplerobot.

In order to reproduce exactly what you're doing - I'm trying to get a better picture of the gory details. At some point maybe even Samplerobot settings may matter to enter in the conversation. Although perhaps not at this level of the onion peeling yet.

Posted : 18/11/2019 9:44 pm
Topic starter

the file has 44MB. I will try format on pc.
I'm tryin to merge this 5 libraries that has been made in samplerobot merging in one via librRY IMPORT. Every library has just 1 performance.

Posted : 18/11/2019 10:02 pm
Bad Mister

I load 5 libraries(each containe 1 performance from samplerobot).They load ok. Then I use the library import to import them into user area.

Can you please give details on how YOU go about using LIBRARY IMPORT... It’s obvious that this is your issue.

Also can you please check the following Folders: Performance and Waveform
Press [UTILITY]
Touch “Contents” > “Data Utility” > Performance (how many Performances)

Check also the Waveform Folder.

Posted : 18/11/2019 10:22 pm
Topic starter

So from the sample robot I export library file. Load into montage. Library import in user area(empty). Then did the same with other four libraries.Then Utility save new library(that won't load later).
I have just this 5 performance in user area after load all 5 libraries. I have free 0,8Gb of wave. Every library is about 7-10Mb.

Posted : 18/11/2019 10:28 pm
Bad Mister

So from the sample robot I export library file. Load into montage. Library import in user area(empty). Then did the same with other four libraries.Then Utility save new library(that won't load later).
I have just this 5 performance in user area after load all 5 libraries. I have free 0,8Gb of wave. Every library is about 7-10Mb.

This does not add up - “5 Performances”, only “0.8Gb Free”... that means 1GB used... each is between “7-10MB”... that means you have between 35-50MB total. That simply does not add up.

Please, I ask questions only to help you.
Can you please look in the Waveform Folder... what does it report?
You say it is empty... where are the 1GB of data?

Posted : 18/11/2019 11:52 pm
Topic starter

Hy Bad Mister,
I give you the wrong informations,sorry. That data are with my user data full. I will post you the right one later becouse I need to empty my userdata and load again all the libraries.
My mistake

Posted : 19/11/2019 8:32 am
Bad Mister

No problem, let us know, when you can.

Posted : 19/11/2019 9:07 am
Topic starter

Hy
There are 6 performance(5 imported from library that create sample robot) and one user file created by sample robot. Waveforms are 16. Ocupied space 707MB(becouse of montage expanded library and bosendorf library. But this waves from the bosendorf and montage exp are not visible in user.

Posted : 19/11/2019 10:54 am
Bad Mister

But this waves from the bosendorf and montage exp are not visible in user.

Then you did not use “Library Import”.
Had you used “Library Import” the Waveforms would appear in the Waveform Folder and the Performances would appear in the Performance Folder.

Posted : 19/11/2019 11:33 am
Topic starter

Yes I did.
I think that the sample robot library miss something so that should be the problem.
And why Yamaha in the 21 century can just be a usb drive so you can move stuff like you won't. Library,user ecc...The waveform is always 1.8gB no matter are they in the library or user. When is full is full.
So I should buy sample robot,pay 300$ and export wave files and over....
It sounds very good but the store capability are still in the 1990. I'm disapointed.

Posted : 19/11/2019 12:54 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us