Notifications
Clear all

Importing XF performances to Montage

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Bob
Topic starter

I recently added a Montage to my keyboard arsenal. I have a Motif XF, and I am trying to import some of my voice libraries from the XF to my Montage. One of the libraries it the 80s Pop/Rock set, and I have been able to get the voices to import to the Montage, but I have not been able to figure out how to get the performances from the library to import to the Montage. Any help greatly appreciated.

Posted : 01/12/2019 10:48 pm
Bad Mister

Press [UTILITY]
Touch “Contents” > “Load”
Set the “Contents Type” = either User or Library depending on where you wish to load them.
Touch the box that represents your USB stick
Find your Motif XF All data file “.X3A”
Touch the file name to see the options, Voice or Perf
Select “Perf”

This will select to load the 512 Performances in the .X3A to your MONTAGE.

Posted : 02/12/2019 12:16 am
 Bob
Topic starter

Thanks!! Jeez, I was just overlooking the buttons at the top of the page to load voice or performance!

Now that I’ve been able to load the performances, I’ve noticed that when I first call up a performance from the imported XF library, some of the voices are incorrect. If it’s a layer or split, generally the upper half of the keyboard sound assignment is correct but the lower half is picking up the wrong voices. I’ve found if I just cycle through a couple of other different performances and then call up the original one I was trying to use, it will then have all the voices correct. I’ve tried to remove and reload the XF library thinking something may have been corrupted on the import, but that hasn’t helped. Any suggestions or other things to try that may solve this behavior?

Posted : 10/12/2019 3:56 pm
Bad Mister

Sorry, can’t offer any help without specifics. Incorrect voices? Not really possible as it does not reference voice locations in the same way as the Motif did. You can, by having the cursor highlight on the Part Name/Type area, change just that one Part

Perhaps you are not changing the entire Performance... cursor highlight must be on the Performance Name (top) to advance to the next Performance.

Posted : 11/12/2019 6:16 pm
 Bob
Topic starter

Thanks, yes, sorry this is kinda weird, but I'll try to describe a specific example that might help.

The XF library I'm importing is the 80s pop rock set, and this happens on a number of the voices/performances. Like the Van Halen 1984 performance, it's a split of two voices. When I select it (I select it using category search then just touch the 1984 performance) and play, it's playing the 1984 voice (bottom half of the keyboard) but some of the keys in the lower range have a different sound assigned (sounds like the love walks in piano patch). When I look at the performance page, it's showing the correct voices are loaded (1984 for the lower, 1984 string for the upper) but weirdly some of the keys are playing another patch or maybe somehow referencing the wrong wave form. If I just go and select a couple of other performances the reload the 1984 performance, it will eventually work correctly. Thanks for any help or if there's something else I need to try or check, please let me know.

Posted : 11/12/2019 10:12 pm
Bad Mister

Sounds like the Library did not convert properly. Sorry, I don’t know this library so I cannot test this myself.

Posted : 11/12/2019 10:30 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us