Notifications
Clear all

Interesting video....

26 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
Simon
Topic starter

Ok thank you rod and Jason that was very helpfull and interesting to follow this thread and I'm going to order the Dell monitor now and probably a adjustable arm/stand for it to go in my studio and looking good there rod in the photos we can save are fatigued backs now...all the best chaps.

Posted : 30/04/2017 7:38 pm
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hello Jason and Simon - this morning I took my set up apart again, and re-assembled it with the old CTX monitor dedicated to the computer, and the Dell dedicated to the Montage. Works absolutely fine, and the Dell now starts up when the Montage is switched on the first time. You wouldn't believe the almighty tangle of cables running behind everything, despite efforts to keep them tidy.

I've been looking at modes, Jason. Very interesting results! The simple-sounding 'Mexican Trumpet' is proving a right little tyke to crack - I go back to it now and then - wondering if there's a mode that will compensate for the 3rds and 4ths, ie: play the 3rds sharp. Keeps me off the streets (as if my new set-up wouldn't!).

Posted : 01/05/2017 9:40 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

I do not think there is a physical button short-cut for sorting by default/name/or date. So you'll have to touch the screen now and then for certain features.

I can just help with page up/down in [CATEGORY SEARCH]

1) Press [CATEGORY SEARCH]
2) Press [COMMON] (PART) - it's the button labeled "COMMON" just to the right of the [UTILITY] button
Note: this will change the main category to "All" - which should force multiple screens worth of performances.
This is only a setup step to be sure we do not have too few performances to sort through
3) Press [MUTE] (Page /) or [SOLO] (Page /). These are the very far right-hand buttons - a pair of them - closest to the keyboard white/black keys.
[SOLO] (page down) will advance by a 1/2 page - 8 performances. And [MUTE] (page up) will "back up" by a 1/2 page - 8 performances.

The system goes 8 performances at a time since the buttons can only randomly select up to 8 different performances. If the performances advanced by 16 - then you could not select half of them using only the buttons.

Posted : 02/05/2017 1:20 am

Hi, I have been looking at the possibility of attaching a touch-screen monitor to my Montage and am very glad to come across the discussion here. For the StarTech USB-to-VGA adapter, is there a specific one I should get for it to work? On the website of StarTech ( https://www.startech.com/usb-2-video-adapters), I notice there are different models e.g. USB2VGAE2, USB2VGAE3 and USB2VGAPRO. There are also other models that come with USB3 (with built-in USB hub) ( https://www.startech.com/usb-3-video-adapters-with-usb-hub) - am wondering if any of these will also work.

Thank you very much.

Posted : 03/05/2017 5:46 am
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hello Kim - the Startech external video card that I have is part number USB2VGAPRO2, which I can vouch for, but I don't know about any of the others. I stuck to USB2 as the Montage can't handle USB3, and I don't know what difference a powered hub makes. I do use a powered hub, a 4 port APM that I already had, into which are plugged my USB back-up key (16Gb), the Stasrtech adapter, and the Dell monitor, leaving one spare. 3 days in and everything is still working perfectly.

Posted : 03/05/2017 7:05 pm
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Thanks Jason - as you say, I can go up/down with the MUTE/SOLO buttons, but still no joy with the sorting function or the Favourite set. I'm sure I read somewhere that every touch-screen function could be equally achieved using the buttons, so maybe a combination press? I've tried the 'SHIFT' button with likely others, but no result yet!

Posted : 04/05/2017 6:18 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Don't believe everything you read or is claimed.

Posted : 04/05/2017 8:19 am

Hi Rod, thanks for the reply - I think I will get USB2VGAPRO2 too (to be on the safe side πŸ™‚ )

Rod wrote:

Hello Kim - the Startech external video card that I have is part number USB2VGAPRO2, which I can vouch for, but I don't know about any of the others. I stuck to USB2 as the Montage can't handle USB3, and I don't know what difference a powered hub makes. I do use a powered hub, a 4 port APM that I already had, into which are plugged my USB back-up key (16Gb), the Stasrtech adapter, and the Dell monitor, leaving one spare. 3 days in and everything is still working perfectly.

Posted : 05/05/2017 12:54 am
 eddy

bonjour,
y a t'il des personne qui utilise le montage avec un Γ©cran tactile.
le Dell 21.5 Γ‰cran tactile : S2240T a Γ©tait remplacer par le model 24" Dell Professional P2418HT.
y a t'il des personnes qui ont tester le nouveau model ?
cordialement eddy

Posted : 02/03/2019 7:39 am
Member Admin

The above post translated in Google Translator.

Hello,
is there anyone who uses editing with a touch screen.
the Dell 21.5 Touch Screen: S2240T was replaced by the model 24 "Dell Professional P2418HT.
are there people who have tested the new model?
cordially eddy

https://www.alzashop.com/dell-professional-p2418ht-24-d4656903.htm?&language=fr&kampan=adeu_fr-pla-smart-campaign_produkty_c_9040901_ADL24u17&gclid=Cj0KCQiAzePjBRCRARIsAGkrSm528pzz9O4Uxy1wxLjgNB8e0DYo-8MUGRsyf98FzEzXYcgcfu0p9O8aAhK1EALw_wcB

Posted : 07/03/2019 12:34 pm
 G
Estimable Member

Now that's interesting...

Posted : 08/03/2019 4:39 am
Page 2 / 2
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us