Clear all

Introducing MONTAGE OS Version 1.5

46 Posts
24 Users
0 Likes
Bad Mister

Yup, but you can't set the color...

Or at least I can't find it in the manual where it

Page 39... you have 18 options including Off.

LED Pattern (Super Knob LED Pattern)
Determines the lighting pattern of the Super Knob.
Settings: Type 1, Type 2-1, Type 2-2, Type 3-1, Type 3-2, Type 4-1, Type 4-2, Type 5-1, Type 5-2, Type 6, Type 7-1, Type 7-2, Type 8-1, Type 8-2, Type 9, Type 10, Type 11, Off

Posted : 28/01/2017 12:56 am
 G
Estimable Member

Hmmm, page 39 of my manual doesn't say anything like that...

EDIT - it is page 39 of the Reference Manual - not the Owner's Manual.

Thanks!

Posted : 28/01/2017 1:40 am
 Jan
Eminent Member

Yamaha MONTAGE Firmware Update OS 1.50 by Yamaha Music Europe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qioFG2YnEbM

Posted : 31/01/2017 10:51 am
david
Reputable Member

Just say'n but why release this big update on a Monday? Most people have to go to work that day and then come home and have to get ready to work the rest of the week until the next weekend. How about releasing this on Friday the 4th so we can enjoy updating and learning all about it on the weekend? A Monday release is dumb and a bit annoying! 🙁

Posted : 02/02/2017 11:03 pm
Clive

Yee Hah, its here. Installing now!

Posted : 06/02/2017 7:17 am
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hello david - that's a very good point! Being retired, I hadn't thought of it, but of course most people aren't retired, so a Friday evening download would give everyone a whole weekend of finding out ... what do you think, Yamaha?

Posted : 06/02/2017 7:53 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

There's nothing stopping you from waiting until Friday to install the firmware. You've waited long enough - what's another few days in order to better fit your personal schedule preferences/restrictions/conflicts?

Others may have opposite conflicts as not everyone shares the same work schedule/shift/days.

Friday is usually a pretty hectic day to be doing a release. And what if there's a bug exposed from widening the testing from the internal Yamaha group + beta testers to the entire world? The weekend, depending on the firmware team's schedule, seems to present a non-optimal time (possible gap) for responding.

No problem in stating a personal preference - but may be good to think about other competing priorities.

I'd rather Yamaha dictate the release schedule since that would seem to ensure the best quality outcome.

Posted : 06/02/2017 11:16 am
 JUAN

Respect the points of division

Gentlemen of YAMAHA
Respect the points of divison that the users put in the performances because when we raise or lower the tones with the transpose MOVE. IF I PUT A LOW TO F3 WHY WHEN WHEN TRANSPORTATION MOVES UP OR DOWN ...? THAT SHOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE.

THAT WEARS PASSING FROM VERSION 1.2 (before not) AND IN 1.5 REMAINS WITHOUT BEING CORRECTED.

PLEASE CORRECT IT IN THE NEXT. THANK YOU

Posted : 06/02/2017 11:24 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Firmware highlights for me:

MOXF6/MOXF8 data (X6A, X6V, X6G, and X6W) can now be loaded to MONTAGE.

This was not expected. Nice bonus - Motif was never "allowed" to load MO-series data and nice to see the MOXF series data can be loaded. I think I have a sound pack from the MOXF6 purchase that will be a nice addition to Montage.

... for all the pushback from Yamaha about not understanding how things work - it's nice to see that the firmware team at least saw this as a real error:

Fixed a problem in which Zone settings would not be correctly applied by switching Performances.

Seems to fit the problem seen by a few folks changing from a user performance with zone settings on a PART that is unused on the switched part - and still seeing bank/PC messages when switching to the new part.

Most of the other features have been hinted at. A few minor new ones like how the transpose buttons now work slightly different - not really highlights - but welcome minor changes.

Montage Connect has been updated - so get the new version.

16 out of 52 new performances are organs - likely to showcase the new rotating speaker effect. That leaves a lot of other stuff. Leads, pads, some vocoder, etc.

Posted : 06/02/2017 12:00 pm

Camilo wrote:

CassieDennis wrote:Have you heard the news? MONTAGE OS Version 1.5 is on its way!!

Yay! Awesome news - can't wait to upgrade my MONTAGE to OS 1.5

Posted : 01/03/2017 4:33 pm
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hello Jason - not in the case of v1.50, it seems ... (sorry - cheap shot but irresistible) ...

Posted : 01/03/2017 5:15 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Bugs will happen - 1.51 will have bugs. Some left over from reported issues that Yamaha either doesn't agree are bugs, some that are unknown legacy bugs, or some newly created ones. For something critical - Yamaha will recall as they have done with v1.50.

I would still submit if the users dictated the release schedule we would be even worse off from a Q&A perspective.

My own cheap shot: although other users have offered critiques about my "staying in the past" with respect to my operating Firmware Version - although I've been "missing out" on new features and performances - I have also saved myself from dealing with critical issues like the MIDI bank/PC issue and the v1.50 more critical issue (among others). There's nothing wrong with "bleeding edge" if you're willing to incur the possible ramifications.

Posted : 01/03/2017 9:08 pm
 Kurt

Anyone know how to get firmware 1.5? The link on the official 1.5 announcement page doesn't work at all.

Posted : 05/03/2017 1:51 am
Bad Mister

You can download a revised version on Friday March 10... check back then.

By the way, the Official Download site is http://download.yamaha.com

Posted : 05/03/2017 5:57 am

The link for downloading 1.5 doesn't work. Is there other direct link of 1.5 firmware file?

- ^^ I'll wait by Mar/10.. sorry..^^

Posted : 06/03/2017 5:21 am
Page 3 / 4
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us