Clear all

Ipad and montage

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Sergio
Topic starter

Hello!

I use an app on the ipad to trigger clicks/bpm for our drummer and I would like this audio to be directed to the Assignable outputs.
But I'm not finding the way to that.

The ipad is connected to the Montage through the USB port using the CCK.

Could you help me in this process?

Grateful!

Posted : 11/10/2017 2:53 pm
Bad Mister

I use an app on the ipad to trigger clicks/bpm for our drummer and I would like this audio to be directed to the Assignable outputs.

Connect the 1/8" mini stereo headphone out of the iPad to the A/D Input using the appropriate Adapter (to two standard 1/4" Phone jacks).
The A/D Input can be routed to any of MONTAGE Outputs.

_ The USB (Class Compliant) connection to an iPad is both MIDI and Audio, however, the audio is simply sent directly to the Main L&R Outputs (the iPad simply uses the MONTAGE to send audio to your speakers).
_ USB audio returning from a computer/laptop (where you are using the YSUSB Driver), can be routed to the Assignable Outputs.

By using the A/D Inputs you can slave MONTAGE Clock to the tempo arriving at the A/D Input or continue MIDI Clock via the USB connection.

Posted : 11/10/2017 8:32 pm
Sergio
Topic starter

In my case I'm already using the A/D input with another synth, I can not connect the Ipad to it.

So by what I understood using the Ipad as interface we have 32 inputs / 2 outputs (Main L/R), correct?

One more suggestion of improvement then, with the increasing use of apps and since it is sent 32 channels to the Ipad because it did not have it returned in the 4 outputs of the montage? I'll be very happy for this improvement to arrive! (If it is possible to happen of course!)

Posted : 12/10/2017 3:51 am
Bad Mister

It’s an Apple thing.

Posted : 12/10/2017 2:55 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us