Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Is it possible to assign USB volume to foot controller

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Is it possible to assign USB volume to foot controller. I miss the independent volume slider for daw-usb volume that the moxf has.

Posted : 28/01/2018 12:55 pm
Bad Mister

Is it possible to assign USB volume to foot controller.

No.

I miss the independent volume slider for daw-usb volume that the moxf has

Well, a Foot Controller and a “DAW Level” slider are not quite equivalent.

You have USB VOLUME in two places; in the DAW sending the audio, and within the MONTAGE as “USB Volume”.

If you want real-time control over external audio coming into the MONTAGE, Return that audio to the A/D Input.

Posted : 28/01/2018 4:03 pm
Topic starter

Thanks for your reply. Yes i wish to control usb volume in real time Independently of master volume, this was easily achieved and thought out on the MOXF because of seperate volume sliders. Since yamaha didn’t think the usb audio interface in the montage required a separate physical volume control hoped they would at least let you assign one. I understand this is a preformance keyboard but don’t some use a mac and mainstage live and would like to mix internal and external sounds, and a one usb cable solution is prefered to using the A/D input with Computer and a separate audio interface .

Posted : 28/01/2018 9:27 pm
roberto
Eminent Member

AUDIO LOOP WARNING

You can
1) set daw output to alternate montage output
2) then connect alternate audio output to A/D input

be shure to do not route A/D input to Alternate output of the montage.

AUDIO LOOP WARNING

James wrote:

Is it possible to assign USB volume to foot controller. I miss the independent volume slider for daw-usb volume that the moxf has.

Posted : 29/01/2018 8:24 am
Topic starter

While this is a workaround with a daw, it doesnt work when just playing along to itunes- pandora- ect.,because you cant assign the output to the montage assignable output 5/6. I hope in a future update they just make the USB volume assignable to a control for real time mixing.

Posted : 30/01/2018 4:27 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us