John Melas librarian performance properties

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Gabi
 Gabi
Estimable Member
Topic starter

when I select a performance with the John Melas librarian, why doesn´t the Montage show anything in the first part´s properties? Why doesn´t it display the bank?

Posted : 27/01/2019 10:45 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

I do not see where Librarian shows anything more than Performances (not individual parts) and only a summary of the part count for each Performance.

I have to use the Performance editor before I see parts. Is that what you mean?

Maybe I need to update.

... and if I look at properties in the first Performance of the total librarian - I see what I expect. The Performance name. Its category (which is unassigned and matches the settings on Montage). Comments are blank - this isn't something grabbed by Montage. It's additional information saved into the librarian's proprietary formats and is never stored on Montage.

Posted : 27/01/2019 8:44 pm
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member

Because the Performance Editor loads the performance into the Montage edit buffer, not into a slot in a bank.

Posted : 28/01/2019 2:04 am
Gabi
 Gabi
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Because the Performance Editor loads the performance into the Montage edit buffer, not into a slot in a bank.

well that kind of answers my second question: why I cannot overwrite a user performance on the Montage that was called up either with John Melas librarian or with Montage Connect within Cubase. The option to overwrite is not there on the Montage in those cases. One can only store as new performance, which is not what I want because it creates chaos.

So, how can I go around this and edit and update my performances even when I call them up with the librarian or while recording with Cubase? Is there a trick to get it from the edit buffer into the slot or something?

Posted : 28/01/2019 10:35 am
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member

Not on my rig right now, but I think you would have to use the Melas Total Librarian for that.

Or you could do the store via the Montage touchscreen.

EDIT:

The Performance menu has a “Store To” option that might do what you want.

Posted : 30/01/2019 4:47 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us