Clear all

K-Sounds Organimation for Montage

25 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
david
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Can anyone provide a review/opinion on this product?

http://www.emusician.com/gear/1332/ksounds-releases-organimation-for-yamaha-montage/63285

Posted : 15/07/2017 11:42 pm
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

Hi, i have it, very great sound bank i like it, Keven have done a great job.

Organimation for Montage is not a transposition of the Motif Xf sound bank, it use for Montage samples and a new programming for chorus FX, Super Knob,....

It's available on Ksounds website for 50$, if you like how it sound on the video, you will be satisfied.

https://ksounds.com/product/organimation-tonewheel-organ-sounds-yamaha-montage/

Posted : 16/07/2017 6:43 am
Trusted Member

I don't have it, but I have live organ and organ session. I can tell that, like internal montage sound, some sound are discrete, far away from best Hammond clone sound like Nord or crumar or viscount. Unfurtunately hammond montage emulation is at least discrete....not more than discrete.
Spending this 50$ could be the last test to say one more time that Hammond on montage are not so beauty.

Posted : 16/07/2017 7:22 am
Manuel
Eminent Member

I have Organ Session and I'm not impressed by it, but it's certainly better than the Montage' stock sounds.
I don't like Montage's organs and I find the pipe organ sounds really awful.

Posted : 16/07/2017 7:32 am
Eyal
 Eyal
Eminent Member

Organimation is much better than the rest imho, the reason is that Organimation is completely new. the only thing which is the same as the older one is the name. It sounds great.
no matter what it will not be a clonewheel. but you'll have some performances which will sound exceptional.

Posted : 16/07/2017 9:23 am
Trusted Member

Also organ session is new.....but far away than best clone Hammond. Is montage engine that can't reach good sound like clone probably.... the loosing of 9 drawbars and the fact that is not so fast to control saturation and other important parameter realtime make it limitation.
In particular Leslie simulation is not so good like Nord, crumar or legend clone. I suspect that also kronos make it better.....

Posted : 16/07/2017 4:04 pm
Trusted Member

.....maybe using gsi burn in combination can help montage....but cabling complication....and other peace to mount...program to do etc

Posted : 16/07/2017 4:08 pm
Keven

Thank you Joel and Eyal! I appreciate your positive comments about Organimation. I'm glad you like it!

Andrea, I encourage you to listen to the Organimation demos. You might be pleasantly surprised. ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted : 17/07/2017 3:27 pm
Trusted Member

Keven, I've listened carefully one youtube and on organimation site; sure your work is very good, but to me is montage that can't reach results like nord electro 5 that I have had (I have sell it now).
Someone can compare organ session and organimation? I have organ session and yes it is good but far away respect NE5
Thanks

Posted : 17/07/2017 5:36 pm
Keven

New videos featuring Organimation for Montage are now up!

Hear Organimation in a country shuffle mix: https://youtu.be/FUQNWm964_M

Hear it in a rock mix: https://youtu.be/_oIo3Qy5gvk

Organimation for Montage is available at https://ksounds.com/product/organimation-tonewheel-organ-sounds-yamaha-montage/

Posted : 03/08/2017 3:22 pm
Trusted Member

Keven is it there a controller for drive amount? In particular for rock organ it is fundamental...

Posted : 03/08/2017 4:01 pm
Keven

Hi Andrea,

I agree overdrive is fundamental for rock music. I focused on programming warm, rich overdrive settings for the performances intended for rock.

For performances in which overdrive is available, it can be turned on / off with the Assign 2 switch, allowing the same performance to be used for both clean and overdriven tone. Except for the performance "9 Bars Chorus Drive," drive is not assigned to a continuous controller. To specify exactly how overdriven the sound is, access the first insert effect in the part. (In that one performance, drive is assigned to knob 3.)

Posted : 03/08/2017 4:39 pm
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

Hi extract from the Ksounds Organimation pdf :

Mod Wheel โ€“ Toggles rotary speaker speed between slow and fast. Default speed is slow.
Assign 1 โ€“ If lit, this toggles C3 chorus on / off.
Assign 2 โ€“ If lit, this toggles overdrive on / off. The one exception is โ€œGospel Split.โ€ For this performance, Assign 2 toggles chorus for the left hand.

When the Assign button (beside the Super Knob) is lit, the knob labels on the touchscreen tell what specific knobs do:

Knob 1 โ€“ If active, it adjusts depth of either the entire rotary speaker effect or just the low rotor.
Knob 2 โ€“ If active, it adjusts depth of either the chorus effect or the high rotor.
Knob 3 โ€“ If active, it adjusts either tone, delay level, layer volume, or overdrive amount.
Knob 4 โ€“ If active, it adjusts layer volume.

Posted : 03/08/2017 4:45 pm

Keven

Brilliant package! I had "O" for my ES and moved it to my XS, too cheap to update but did for Montage and glad I did, this one is even better.

Posted : 03/08/2017 6:48 pm
Trusted Member

Thanks Keven, may you post some video about rock program and about overdrive influence? Thanks.

Posted : 04/08/2017 4:21 am
Page 1 / 2
Share:

ยฉ 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. ย ย  Terms of Useย |ย Privacy Policyย |ย Contact Us