Clear all

K-Sounds Organimation for Montage

25 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
Keven

Larry wrote:

Keven

Brilliant package! I had "O" for my ES and moved it to my XS, too cheap to update but did for Montage and glad I did, this one is even better.

Thank you very much, Larry! I'm glad you're enjoying the new Organimation!

Posted : 04/08/2017 6:47 pm
Keven

Andrea wrote:

Thanks Keven, may you post some video about rock program and about overdrive influence? Thanks.

Thank you for your request, Andrea. I'll see what I can do. In the meantime, please visit the Organimation page and check out the "Ballad and Rock Organs" audio demo at 0:29 and 1:14 and the "Full Organs" audio demo at 0:27 and 0:43. Those four clips have overdrive.

Posted : 04/08/2017 6:55 pm
Keven

I've uploaded a new video covering the basics of a couple overdriven organs and showing how to adjust overdrive in one of them.

If you do not see the video directly in this thread, click here to see it on YouTube.

Not all organs use the same distortion effect, and different effects may have different parameter names. For some, you might add overdrive by adjusting the Preamp parameter. For others such as the one selected for this video, you'll adjust the Dist Drive parameter.

Posted : 11/08/2017 11:00 pm
Trusted Member

Thanks Keven good job.
I need to assign the adjustment that you do in the end part of the video to a knob (I like knob 8 usually) to adjust amounth of overdrive in realtime during the performance. Is it knob 8 free in your program (I need to disconnect it from super knob) or is it used to modulate some parameter of your programs?
Thanks.

Posted : 12/08/2017 5:27 am
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

Thank you Keven, great that you explain in deep way how to use an edit Organimation performances.

Posted : 12/08/2017 8:52 am
Keven

Thank you, Joel! I'm glad you enjoyed the video. 🙂

Andrea, thank you for your reply. The number of knobs used in a performance depends on the number of active drawbars. If all drawbars are active, all 8 knobs are assigned - 6 for drawbar control and 2 for rotary effects adjustment.

You are welcome to change the knob assignments, of course. The great thing about programmable synthesizers is being able to customize sounds to your liking. I would suggest this approach: Find a performance that you particularly like, turn each knob individually to hear what it does while you play, decide which knob you can do without (possibly using an alternate knob to do the same task), and reassign it to the overdrive parameters. You'll probably want a single knob to simultaneously increase drive / gain and decrease the output level so that the overall volume remains consistent.

Posted : 12/08/2017 4:14 pm
Scott
Eminent Member

I bought this, and am really enjoying the improvement over stock. I did have it for Motif XF but wasnt as good as the montage version.

One problem Im having though is I normally assign the rotary switch to aftertouch but in the mod/control page for the parts I cannot find any assignments so looking fr where I can change that?

Scott

Posted : 12/08/2017 10:13 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Not sure if the issue is with finding the correct destination (for rotary speaker effect speed/etc) or with finding the source (aftertouch).

If source: make sure "Auto Select" is ON (green) then jam down on the piano key(s) to invoke an aftertouch. This will automatically select aftertouch as the source. Then press the [+] to add the correct destination -- should be in the effects section if the performance uses this method. Some built-in organs use LFO instead of the rotary speaker effect. Not sure what this organ set uses for every performance. Your documentation should outline this although I also do not have the set to examine if the docs have this level of detail.

Posted : 13/08/2017 12:54 am
Trusted Member

Ok Keven thanks a lot for all.
Very good job on organ, I will buy it.
Ciao

Posted : 13/08/2017 4:44 am

best keyboard stands 2017

Posted : 13/08/2017 4:05 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us