Notifications
Clear all

Keyboard Freeze from Montage Connect - FYI

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Randy
Topic starter

A couple of days ago, I tried recording a MIDi file in Cubase. When I changed from stand alone to MIDI record, the keyboard and all controls froze. Same thing happened with Arp record. When I tried audio record, the keyboard and controls worked, but it wouldn't record. Going back to Stand Alone, I was able to record an audio file. So I reinitialized all data, and that did not correct the issue, so I reinstalled 1.2 and the issue was still there. Even with the DAW off, the problems were there.

A few days prior to the problems, I had installed the Montage Connect following the video tutorial. I didn't get a chance to go through and check all the functions, but I was able to make the connection and import a song and the settings file to play the song in Cubase. But if the ARP button was active on the keyboard, Montage Connect wouldn't work. But I never went back to the program to figure it all out. Thinking that might be the issue, I uninstalled Montage Connect, and suddenly things were working correctly again. So even though the Montage Connect was not open, and the DAW was not open, it was affecting the operation of the keyboard when you went into the record modes. I didn't check to see what happened if the computer was turned completely off, but I think I will go through the process again and see if the same thing happens. Now that I know what the problem was, I won't have to spend hours trying to figure it out if it happens again.

Posted : 22/09/2016 6:10 pm
Bad Mister

Sorry you are having this problem. As you know you need to have Montage firmware version 1.20 to utilize Montage Connect.

Trying to follow what you are describing. Let us know if you still are having problems. I cannot reproduce your issue. If you can provide a few more details it will help.

What QUICK TEMPLATE are you using?
When recording and playing back ARPs to a computer DAW like Cubase, make sure you are in ARP REC ON DAW. Or use the ARP BYPASS ([SHIFT] + [ARP ON/OFF]) this ensure that you can playback ARP recorded data without having the data retrigger the ARPEGGIATOR.

If you route data back with the ARP active, you get the quintessential MIDI Loop and freezing or even crashes can occur. Depending on how much data you have flying around in that circular loop!

Let us know.

Posted : 22/09/2016 11:18 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us