Clear all

Loaded waveform get 'stuck' above C5

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Christine
Topic starter

Hi,

I loaded a .WAV file onto the Montage into an AWM2 element and told it to play over the whole key range. The sample was a recorded C3 and it sounds great. But if I play anything above a C5 then it just plays C5. eg B5 plays C5, D5 plays C5 etc!

There's only 1 keybank set up here that covers the whole note/velocity range. I could understand it if it stopped playing anything above C5 but the repeating is weird.

I can't find anything in the reference manual that looks like it affects this, so is there anything I can do to get it to play higher than C5?

Posted : 23/06/2016 1:48 pm
Ron
 Ron

It sounds like you are encountering a similar issue that I and others have come across, where Montage is incorrectly translating/importing certain types of waveforms. What kind of waveform, or sample, or soundset were you trying to import?
Check out this other thread:
https://yamahasynth.com/index.php?option=com_easydiscuss&view=post&id=8340&Itemid=851

Hopefully the Yamaha engineers can resolve the issue.

Posted : 23/06/2016 2:23 pm
Bad Mister

I loaded a .WAV file onto the Montage into an AWM2 element and told it to play over the whole key range. The sample was a recorded C3 and it sounds great. But if I play anything above a C5 then it just plays C5. eg B5 plays C5, D5 plays C5 etc!

Sorry, there is not enough information here to venture a guess. Can you try a different .wav?

Reading your post several times I cannot follow what is happening.
What is the nature of the .wav? 44.1kHz? 16-bit? Length? Stereo/Mono?
When you say the whole range do you mean specifically C-2 through G8

The more info you give the better the chances of solving the issue.
Can you try a different wav from a completely different source, see if you get the same results.

I think your issue is quite different from Ron's which has to do with type of data. But the more info you can provide the better the chances of solving it.
Thanks.

Posted : 23/06/2016 6:16 pm
Christine
Topic starter

Thanks. It's a 44.1/24bit stereo WAV recorded from another synth via Ableton on a Mac.

I've now tried a few other WAVs (both 44.1/24 and 44.1/16bit mono and stereo) and of different sounds and they all do the same thing.

I've tried with waveforms recorded at C3 and C4 and the only difference is that the C4 recorded ones play an octave higher, but still play exactly the same note when I press keys above C5 on the keyboard. The original WAV was about 12 seconds in length but the new ones are about 7 seconds long.

I tried making WAVs with different software too, both with Amadeus Pro (which I usually used for WAV editting) and Audacity but it does the same.

The element is set to play the waveform over the whole range of the keyboard C-2 to G8 with centre C3.

Is there anything else you would like to know or something I can try?

I'm running 1.11 firmware on a Montage 7.

thanks
Chrissie

If it's any help I uploaded one of the WAVs to here: https://chrissie.fedorapeople.org/C3%20Stereo.wav

Posted : 24/06/2016 7:43 am
Bad Mister

I've noticed some waves behave as you've reported, others do not. Engineers will have to sort this one out. I have waves that play the full range of MIDI and others simply top out at C5. Thanks for the report. When we hear, you'll hear.

Posted : 24/06/2016 6:50 pm
Christine
Topic starter

Thanks. At least it's not just me!

Posted : 25/06/2016 7:32 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us