Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Loading a library file

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I purchased a set of Pink Floyd performances which were sent to me as a X7A and a X7L file. When I load the X7A, I have all the right sounds including samples. But obviously, I am losing all the existing content of my Montage.
When I load the X7L file, only part of the performances load and I don't have the samples. Even when I save my own Library file I am getting the same result. What am I doing wrong?

Posted : 10/10/2018 7:27 pm
Bad Mister

Who created this Library?
What is the full name of the Library File?
Did they include any documentation?
What happens when you search for the Waveforms?

From Home
Press [CATEGORY SEARCH]
Touch "Init"
Touch "Init Normal AWM2"
Press [ENTER]

Press [EDIT]
Press [PART SELECT 1]
Touch "Elem1"
Touch the box at the top that has the CFX piano Waveform to view the pop-in menu
Touch “Category Search”

Set the “Bank” to the name of the Library

Let us know.

Posted : 10/10/2018 8:06 pm
Topic starter

BadMister,

Thanks for your answer. It is a Pink Floyd sound pack I downloaded from Synthonia.com. It came without documentation, just how to load a X7A file into the Montage.
Meanwhile, I solved my problem by loading the X7A file into my Montage, and afterwards loading my already existing user data. That works, although I have to reprogram some performances I made with the Bosendorfer piano.
Still don't know exactly what I did wrong though.

Posted : 10/10/2018 9:23 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

The PF V2 pack points to this as the instructions:

https://www.synthonia.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/montage.pdf

The webpage hosting the pack also has performance notes such as controller assignments, etc.

I cannot say why the X7L doesn't work. You may need to take that up with Synthonia.

In the meanwhile, you can locate where the new Performances are (in the User or Library bank). If all of the content in the X7A were loaded in as Libraries - then you should be able to save off your own library from the X7A. Meaning you would IMPORT the Library Content into the user area then create a Library from your user area which should now have the waveforms.

There are other possibilities. Examining the X7L with http://jyamaha.alwaysdata.net/ should tell you if there are any waveforms in the X7L they provide. It's not the only way - but a quick summary if you do not have the JM tools.

Posted : 10/10/2018 11:12 pm
Bad Mister

BadMister,

Thanks for your answer. It is a Pink Floyd sound pack I downloaded from Synthonia.com. It came without documentation, just how to load a X7A file into the Montage.
Meanwhile, I solved my problem by loading the X7A file into my Montage, and afterwards loading my already existing user data. That works, although I have to reprogram some performances I made with the Bosendorfer piano.
Still don't know exactly what I did wrong though.

A .X7A file is a BACKUP File - this will replace all of the data within your MONTAGE and make it just like the authors MONTAGE - (That is not very nice - not really a good way to distribute sounds unless they are giving you multiple Libraries)
A .X7U file is a USER File - this will only overwrite the current USER Bank - just make a USER FILE and you have a safety of your work
A .X7L file is a Library File - this will simply install the data into one of your 8 Library locations.

Did you try to located the Waveforms?
From Home
Press [CATEGORY SEARCH]
Touch "Init"
Touch "Init Normal AWM2"
Press [ENTER]

Press [EDIT]
Press [PART SELECT 1]
Touch "Elem1"
Touch the box at the top that has the CFX piano Waveform to view the pop-in menu
Touch “Category Search”

Set the “Bank” to the name of the Library - you should not see the Waveforms installed with that Library File.

And as to placing your purchased data on a software developer's site - is well, I don't know how to put it, but that just sounds a little strange - What is that site "Alwaysdata". Why would one post all the things that one purchased on a software developer's site? What do they do with it? The MONTAGE will tell you if there are any Waveforms in the File.

Jason, do you know these people, Alwaysdata? How does it not wind up being them just stealing folks data?

Posted : 10/10/2018 11:58 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I do not have a basis for trusting alwaysdata as a host. Data is deleted and one-time-use for parsing the results. It's good, in general, to be skeptical. There is another host which has a larger quota which would allow for parsing larger files. However, intentionally this particular host has not been used because of trust concerns.

Posted : 11/10/2018 4:29 am
Topic starter

I will check the location of the waveforms. I agree that it was kind of rigorous to use a backup file to install the library, but anyway it works now.
Apart from the waveforms I will have to look for a loop that is probably hidden as a midi file. Probably the library was made originally for Motif, with this loop made as a 'song'. So when I find the loop I will have to change it to a an arpeggio to work in the Montage.

Posted : 11/10/2018 8:08 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us