Clear all

Loading The Super Knob Programming Examples As A Library

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

The article PROGRAMMING BASICS 1: THE SUPER KNOB includes a downloadable zip file containing examples of Super Knob programming. In the zip file is a Montage User File, EXAMPLES.X7U.

Because this is a User File, loading it overwrites everything in your user area with the examples. This was starting to become a pain so I loaded the User File and then saved it as a Library File. Then I loaded my own User File (getting all of my stuff back), and then loaded the Library File with all of the examples from the article. Now I have everything all in one place. Much more convenient.

One thing to watch out for: when you load the Library File, the loaded library name will be set to the name of the Library File. So make sure that you name the file something you're going to enjoy seeing in the list of libraries.

Posted : 07/06/2016 1:50 am
david
Reputable Member

Michael Trigoboff wrote:
One thing to watch out for: when you load the Library File, the loaded library name will be set to the name of the Library File. So make sure that you name the file something you're going to enjoy seeing in the list of libraries.

For you younger guys, like forgetting you named your library after your new girl friend and then your existing girlfriend finds it on your system. "Who the heck is Jennifer?"

Posted : 08/06/2016 9:31 pm
Lawrence
Trusted Member

That's a clever solution, Michael.

It would be useful if Yamaha provided the tutorial EXAMPLES file in Library format, as well. (Hint to Bad Mister)

I haven't gotten to the tutorials yet, but plan to.

Posted : 08/06/2016 11:32 pm
Lawrence
Trusted Member

Oh, and who the heck uses GF names as file names? That's crazy!

Posted : 08/06/2016 11:33 pm
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

It would be useful if Yamaha provided the tutorial EXAMPLES file in Library format, as well. (Hint to Bad Mister)

Bad Mister may have done it as a User File to make sure that the system settings would be compatible with the Performances he created. I reworked it as a Library for convenience, but I knew I was taking a slight chance with regard to the system settings.

Posted : 09/06/2016 2:29 am
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

For you younger guys, like forgetting you named your library after your new girl friend and then your existing girlfriend finds it on your system. "Who the heck is Jennifer?"

Jennifer? Who's Jennifer? (Thinking quickly…) That's what I named my new Montage! Yeah, that's it… πŸ™‚

Posted : 09/06/2016 2:31 am
Bad Mister

Hint to Lawrence: I made it a USER File (.X7U) so you could load it to the User memory... Meaning you can overwrite it when you're done. If you prefer to use it as one of your Libraries that entirely up to you. I think when you learn the instrument you'll understand how to use your Library versus how to use the User area.

You should always backup your own work - always, always. The User area is where you can work with the data. That's why it's a .X7U file. You can restore your own USER data when finished working with the tutorial.

Posted : 09/06/2016 7:04 am
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us