Notifications
Clear all

LOSING SCENE SETTINGS ON MONTAGE

11 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello everyone
I spent a good deal of time setting up a performance with different scenes so that I could move from one to the other and have certain parts mute. When I stored the performance the scene settings we're no longer there. Quite frustrating!
Can anyone explain if I am missing a step or if this is possible.
Thanks.

Posted : 23/02/2018 7:57 am
Bad Mister

Yes, it is possible. Likely if this was your first attempt at using Scenes, you missed the step where you activate the “memory” region. By setting the “Memory” On for a function allows the current setting to be memorized by the act of [SHIFT] + [SCENE] button 1-8.

SCENES
First, let's establish what a Scene can memorize, and what it doesn't. It has an ON/OFF switch for each of the following functions:
Arp - the currently active Arp 1-8, if the main ArpSw is active
MS - the currently active Motion Seq, if the main MS Sw is active
Super Knob - the current position of the Super Knob
Mixing 1 - RevSend, VarSend, Dry Level, Pan, Volume
Mixing 2 - Cutoff, Resonance, FEG Depth, Mute
AEG - Attack, Decay, Sustain Release of the amplifier
Arp/MS FX 1/2 - offset to feel of Arps and Motion Sequences

From the [PERFORMANCE (HOME)] screen
Touch "Scene" to view the Scene Memory switches... if you, for example, want to memorize MUTE status, make sure you activate "Mixing 2" in each Scene you want document a Mute change from current status.

Best Practice:
Decide the type of memory functions you want to be recalled and activate those function switches
Store Scene 1 as the condition you want to return to as your neutral setting.
Make a Scene...

See Reference Manual Pages 49-53 for the details..

Posted : 23/02/2018 11:27 am
Jason
Illustrious Member
roberto
Eminent Member

Strange, here I select new performance "init Normal (AWM2), move volume slider, memorize scene 1 to 8 and I dont' need to activate nothing !

Initially all memory switch are seto to OFF, but when I memorize scene the memory switch goes ON automatically.

Posted : 24/02/2018 11:32 am
Bad Mister

You don’t have to activate the ON Switch, it is just a recommended “best practice” particularly when you think you have Stored an item in a Scene and it doesn’t get stored. The Memory On/Off switches allow you to review your current Scenes. You can easily overthink these Scenes and without scaring anyone, when you start thinking of new things or you add a Part to your Performance, then you will start to understand why this is a recommended “best practice”.

Writing about Scenes and all the possibilities might only confuse folks further, you have to begin working with it to understand what get remembered and when it is memorized. It is a creative tool. If you think there is only one way to use it, you’d be wrong.

If Scene 1 has Drum volume 100 in memory (meaning the Mixing Memory Switch is On), and Scene 8 has Drum volume set to 120 in memory (meaning its Mixing Memory Switch is On)... but the Mixing Memory Switches are Off on the other Scenes... selecting Scene 1 and moving to Scene 2, the Drums will be at volume 100, but selecting Scene 8 before moving to Scene 2, the Drums will inherit volume 120.

If you attempt to STORE a Volume change for Drums in SCENE 2, and all you do is [SHIFT] + [SCENE 2] you will see that your volume change did not Store... you must make the Mixing 1or Mixing 2 Memory Switch to ON.

I think in all the discussions I have with users they put too much emphasis on the act of [SHIFT] + [SCENE 1-8] as the method to STORE a Scene, and to be sure, it is one part of the method to accomplish this, but the act of turning ON the Memory Switch for a function is what allows the current value to be memorized. Turn ON the Memory Switch memorizes that function’s data immediately.

Posted : 24/02/2018 1:26 pm
roberto
Eminent Member

Yess Mister but this thing is digital not analog, so it work the same for eveyone....is there a particular case that it need to be activated ? just for my knowledge

Posted : 24/02/2018 1:47 pm
Bad Mister

Yes there is... read above... I don’t understand what it means “it is digital” and therefore works the same for everyone.

Posted : 24/02/2018 1:53 pm
roberto
Eminent Member

Bad Mister wrote:

If you attempt to STORE a Volume change for Drums in SCENE 2, and all you do is [SHIFT] + [SCENE 2] you will see that your volume change did not Store... you must make the Mixing 1or Mixing 2 Memory Switch to ON.

I'm trying this but the Mixing 1/2 memory switch goes ON automatically, I can't be able to NOT store volume in scene 2 pressing shift+scene2 (and this is a good things...)

EDIT : the only way is to switch OFF manually the memory switch, so it can't go ON automatically.
EDIT 2 : if you set all the memory switch to off then they goes on automatically when you perss shitf+scene X

Posted : 24/02/2018 4:27 pm
Bad Mister

As you work with it more you will discover more. Especially, as I mentioned when you go back and add new Parts and update Scenes with new ideas.

Posted : 24/02/2018 4:56 pm
roberto
Eminent Member

This thing is alive....

Posted : 24/02/2018 5:13 pm
roberto
Eminent Member

This thing is alive....

Attached files

Posted : 24/02/2018 5:16 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us