Notifications
Clear all

Manny's FM-Xplorations: Article 3

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
Member Admin
Topic starter

Ready for Article 3 of Manny's FM-Xplorations? Check it out.

And just in case you missed them:

Article 1
Article 2

And stay tuned - more to come!

Posted : 23/11/2017 12:39 am
Eminent Member

This one really dives into the motion controls with some basic saws and square wave sounds.... saw the videos last night, now working thru the article. Really appreciate these deeper dives, the motion control set up is just awesome on this article. Thanks for the content and patches, very very helpful. FM-X is very fun to play with, and with these training wheels, I am finding my exploration, very fun, and effective. Burning some brain cells.

Posted : 25/11/2017 1:17 am
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

Thank you Manny's and Cassie 😉

Posted : 25/11/2017 8:27 am
Sladjan

Thank you for those articles. Appreciate it very much!

Posted : 25/11/2017 4:20 pm

I'm glad you've found them useful and/or interesting. More fun stuff upcoming in later articles!

Posted : 30/11/2017 4:58 am
Michele

Hello Manny, thanks for your very appreciated contribution.

Were your articles on FM-X rewritten or reorganized?

I'm used to copy interesting articles off web, and saving them in MSWord format. I remember to have savedFM-Xplorations 1-4 and then when I saw there was also a fifth part I saved it too... but I realized that the previous part were different from the files I previolusy saved.
What happened?

Posted : 23/08/2018 1:31 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

They're two different article series with similar names.

Manny's FM-Xplorations Articles 1-3 authored by Manny Fernandez

Mastering Montage: An FM-X Exploration Articles 1-4 by Bad Mister

So save off both and name them differently.

Can't tell you about fifth parts other than the articles for Manny's tutorial (1-3) have multiple youtube videos and the youtube videos are themselves numbered through Part 6. These part numbers (of the youtube videos) do not necessarily match the article numbers. One article can have multiple videos within it.

Posted : 23/08/2018 11:06 pm
Michele

Thanks Jason!

I'm sure of not having mixed up the articles, because the writing style of Bad Mister is easily recognizable.
I remember that I saved the articles in different directories, in order not to make confusion...

The problem I face is that some links report Error 404, and Manny's FM Exploration articles 1, 2 and 3 seems quite different from the ones I saved in the past. For instance I don't remind of such many YT videos among the text and pictures.

Anyway I'll check them again. and ,if needed, I'll try to sum the informations coming from both.

They're two different article series with similar names.

Manny's FM-Xplorations Articles 1-3 authored by Manny Fernandez

Mastering Montage: An FM-X Exploration Articles 1-4 by Bad Mister

So save off both and name them differently.

Can't tell you about fifth parts other than the articles for Manny's tutorial (1-3) have multiple youtube videos and the youtube videos are themselves numbered through Part 6. These part numbers (of the youtube videos) do not necessarily match the article numbers. One article can have multiple videos within it.

Posted : 25/08/2018 8:41 am
Michele

Now I understood what happened to Manny's article #2... The initial pictures are different, perhaps for a bad assignment. Luckily the text is the same.

Posted : 25/08/2018 7:54 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us