Notifications
Clear all

MB1_Orchestra_C Arp

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Kent
Topic starter

Hello. I am recreating some arp'd sounds from the S90XS on the Montage. So far, so good. Until I got to Solo Oboist. This Performance on the S90 used the Orchestra arp to make some string movement using a voice called Medium Section. I have found all the pertinent sounds and arp on the montage, including the Medium Section and the arp, which is called MB1_Orchestra_C on the Montage. It all sounds very similar to the S90 performance, EXCEPT that, with Arp On, when I release the keys playing the Medium Section, it causes an abrupt and loud staccato like end to the sound. I've tried other string-based arps and they do similar things to Medium Section and other string section. I'm guessing and hoping this is some setting impacting the arp, as the string voices sound normally without the ARP. Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

Thank you very much.

Kent

Posted : 21/04/2017 1:01 am
Bad Mister

Kent wrote:

Hello. I am recreating some arp'd sounds from the S90XS on the Montage. So far, so good. Until I got to Solo Oboist. This Performance on the S90 used the Orchestra arp to make some string movement using a voice called Medium Section. I have found all the pertinent sounds and arp on the montage, including the Medium Section and the arp, which is called MB1_Orchestra_C on the Montage. It all sounds very similar to the S90 performance, EXCEPT that, with Arp On, when I release the keys playing the Medium Section, it causes an abrupt and loud staccato like end to the sound. I've tried other string-based arps and they do similar things to Medium Section and other string section. I'm guessing and hoping this is some setting impacting the arp, as the string voices sound normally without the ARP. Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

Thank you very much.

Kent

Hi Kent,
I'm sure you mean "Oboe Soloist"... there is a bit of controller data (cc011) built-in to that particular ARP Phrase. The Montage handles it differently from the Motif XF. I will pass this along (took a while to find it). At the very end of the phrase a cc11 message of 127 boosts the output, the Montage apparently reacts faster... but I'm guessing.

I was able to eliminate its influence on Part 1 by shutting the "Expression" Receive Switch Off for Part 1.
I've attached a quick conversion of this Performance in MONTAGE CONNECT (.X7B) format. (attachment is zipped: Unzip and open on your computer using Montage Connect - you can use the LOAD function to bulk the data to Montage)

Open this with Montage Connect and you can bulk it (Load) from the computer to the Edit Buffer of the Montage.
You can then finish tweaking it and STORE it if you wish.

I put the "Tempo Cross Delay" Send amount for Parts 2 and 3 under control of the Super Knob, so you can increase and decrease the amount of Send to the Variation Effect.

You can change between the ARP1-ARP5 using either the ARP SELECT buttons on your right front panel, or via the (Blue) SCENE buttons 1-5.

Hope that helps.

Attached files

Oboe Soloist.X7B.zip (8.3 KB) 

Posted : 21/04/2017 10:59 pm
 Kent
Topic starter

oh WOWOHWOWOHWOW!!! Badmister, You are amazing. I will dig into this to find out what I didn't have, but this is exactly it!!! Thank you very much. Just made my day!! 🙂

Kent

Posted : 02/05/2017 11:10 pm

Badmister is unbelievably amazing. I would love to meet him in person some day.

Posted : 03/05/2017 10:17 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us