Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

microscale implementation same than the xf? no performance level.......

11 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
natalini
Estimable Member
Topic starter

have we to use multiple copy of the same voice for can play it in different temperament ? as this function in the xf is only implemented in voice parmeter, not in performance mode. can not store a perf with its own scales tuning setting? that is so illogical. i hope that will be not the case..

Posted : 31/03/2016 4:16 pm
Eminent Member

since there are no voices anymore, i asume its implemented in the performance settings...

Posted : 31/03/2016 6:42 pm
natalini
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hope Yamaha gods hear you.

Posted : 01/04/2016 1:16 pm
natalini
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I do not trust yamaha gods till i could read the référence manual, it is not because you change name, part instead of voice that it will change the implémentation, nobody know about microscale on montage? Nobody takes interest on this fonction ? See and wait then.

Posted : 04/04/2016 10:21 am
Bad Mister

I'm sorry, I thought I answered this already. Here are some more details.

If you understand the implementation of Microtuning in the Motif XF we can build on this. I know it is not ideal, but is what it is. You can tune each note of the scale with a user tuning, offsetting the key +/- by so many cents. There can be eight different User tunings.

In a Montage Performance each of the 8 Keyboard Controlled Parts is the equivalent of what you know as a Motif XF Voice. So you can place the same program in 8 Parts, each with its own Microtuning scale stored.

Posted : 04/04/2016 8:15 pm
natalini
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thank you, so what are you saying is that you can store for each performance its own scales setting, up to 8 differents tune. That is a good news. These 8 user scales limitation is for one performance and then you can store, for example, in another performance, 8 completely different scale, or you cannot store and use more than 8 user scale for all sounds. In one performance, I d don't use more than 2 scales, usually, but I like to have access for all performances, at least to around 20 microscale s for covering the range of ragas mod I like. Best regards.

Posted : 09/04/2016 7:17 am
Bad Mister

Thank you, so what are you saying is that you can store for each performance its own scales setting, up to 8 differents tune. That is a good news. These 8 user scales limitation is for one performance and then you can store, for example, in another performance, 8 completely different scale, or you cannot store and use more than 8 user scale for all sounds.

No, sorry, they did not provide 8 User scales per PERFORMANCE, that would be 5,120 (no one needs that many).

There are 8 USER Tunings that can be stored in your system settings You can recall them in whatever Performance you require. You can load more as necessary. Did we mention, loading is extremely rapid.

Posted : 09/04/2016 5:17 pm
natalini
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the precision. That's sound not bad.

Posted : 10/04/2016 9:08 am
 Pär

It seems that the internal editor for micro tunings (ref manual, p. 62) only allows for 12-key tunings. But since the list of micro tunings on the previous page clearly states that 1/4- and 1/8-tone are available as presets, there surely must be a way to edit full range tunings (in an external editor, perhaps)?

I guess one could use the element Pitch/Key parameter to produce something close to 19-TET, but this works only for ET, and not for e.g. the Partch just intonation scales. But the Pitch/Key is a nice feature anyway, especially with a 200% range.

I'm also glad Yamaha included the random pitch as well, something the SY77 had but the FS1R didn't, and this time controllable per element and much more fine-grained.

Posted : 27/04/2016 4:48 pm
 Pär

I might have hidden my question too well in the middle of the previous post, so I'll rephrase it:

Is there an external editor for full range tunings, since the Montage editor appears to handle only 12-key tunings?

Posted : 01/05/2016 8:38 am
Bad Mister

Is there an external editor for full range tunings, since the Montage editor appears to handle only 12-key tunings?

Not that I am aware of... But the Montage is just at the point of being formally released, so it is very early. Software development takes time, the programmers have to wait for firmware to get to a point before it makes sense to begin development. We'll look into it and see if there is any news on the subject. There is certainly the potential here.

Posted : 01/05/2016 1:01 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us