Notifications
Clear all

MO6 and Montage 6

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Just considering how I might leverage both keyboards.

1) Maybe turns the Montage 61 Keys into 88+? I could see that being helpful, having additional zones to play with.
2) Not sure if processing the MO6 outputs thru the Montage actually gains anything? That I couldnt just do easier with Montage internal voices. Possibly play along with Patterns but probably better to do in Cubase, guessing.
3) Leave the MO6 alone and just play with new Montage 6 board and Cubase.

Posted : 13/08/2017 4:43 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Early on, I had the MO6 outputs routed through Montage so I could play the MO6 and use the monitors which were connected to Montage. I did this primarily to edit Montage performances to match my MO6 performances and never to add effects to MO6. Eventually, I had everything I needed inside Montage and mothballed the MO6.

I have a Montage 7 - so I do not see myself searching for more piano keys. If I was to pair two keyboards - I also have an S90XS (88 key - weighted) so I would use this board just to get a better feel for piano performances. I do not gig with a second board - so I have not setup Montage to use any other keyboard except when experimenting with the features just to stay "in the loop" of how to control external hardware and see how external hardware can control Montage.

This is a personal decision, however. You have the best idea of what you're trying to do. Given there's lots of overlap in the basic sounds (AWM2 elements / samples in Montage vs. the MO6/Motif-ES) - I do not see much to be gained in having both tone engines "playing" together. But you may want to emulate a 2-manual organ and use both keyboards to do this - or have some other reason (that I do not have) to carry both boards and use them together.

I personally wouldn't spend my time processing MO6 through Montage's effects - but that's something available if you really want to do that.

Posted : 13/08/2017 7:35 am
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Makes sense.... cool moving it aside for now....

Posted : 13/08/2017 8:53 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us