Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MONTAGE 6 KEYBED - IS THIS NORMAL?

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

First, I want to say how happy am I to be Yamaha customer, and that I love the new Montage. I purchased the Montage6 about 2 weeks ago, and I am slowly learning all the capabilities. One area that I am not liking is the keyed. The specifications say it is FSX Semi-Weighted, which is the identical one in my MotifXF6 (which I just sold to buy the Montage). However, it does not feel the same. Perhaps I have a problem with my specific unit, but my Montage feels "stiff". In fact, it is not as easy to play. I tried adjusting the velocity curve setting to "Soft", which improved things slightly over "Normal". Am I imagining things, or is this normal?

Posted : 01/07/2016 6:43 pm
david
Reputable Member

Well, it's also new with new stiff springs so you'll have to break it in I think.

Posted : 01/07/2016 7:25 pm
Topic starter

Hi David.. To me, sometimes the action feels almost like a weighted action. It is not as easy to get around the keys. I never experienced this when I bought my Motif XF6. Love everything else, but this has been bothering me. I tried a floor model at the local dealer, and it felt different than the one I have.

Posted : 01/07/2016 7:29 pm
david
Reputable Member

Hard to speculate. Surely the Yamaha assembly line didn't run out of Montage key springs and then swap them out for another type. It's not impossible because they always say that the specs can change without notice.

Posted : 01/07/2016 7:37 pm
Peter

Mine feels no different to my Motif XS6 and I presumed they use the same bed

Posted : 01/07/2016 10:18 pm
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member

My Montage 7 feels just about identical to my Motif XF7, for whatever that's worth…

Posted : 02/07/2016 1:21 am

I have bought Montage a week ago, and haven't encountered any problem with the keys. Yes for a minute I felt that keys are stiff but then they were all fine.

Posted : 02/07/2016 10:48 am
Walter

Mine seem very playable and actually like them better than my Jupiter 80.

Walt

Posted : 02/07/2016 5:36 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us