Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Montage - a "series" synthesizer? ...or a "one-off" synth?

18 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
manolo

Kiwi wrote:
Actually, the technology isn't evolving

i donΒ΄t think so.

from a sam ash ad inside the printed october issue of keyboard magazine (via gearslutz).
rolandΒ΄s plug-out concept is something new.

Posted : 03/09/2016 4:43 am
Kiwi
 Kiwi

manolo wrote:

there you go:

and still available. even the xs rack.

Another Victor Wong creation. 😐

http://musiccomputing.com/kami-es-keyboard-production-station-windows/

for $5999. Doesn't include the two rack modules in the picture.

Or I could go this route...

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/nFHMbj

A very similar build for --------------------------------------------------------$1712.48
add Dell 23" 1080p touchscreen 10-point ------------------------------- $ 360.00
add PreSonus FireStudio FireWire Interface with 8 Preamps --------$ 695.00
add RK Series 2U Rack Spaces -------------------------------------------$ 110.00
add KAOSS Pad ---------------------------------------------------------------$ 350.00
add MIDI Keyboard Controller -----------------------------------------------$ 500.00 give or take
---------------
$ 3727

Almost $2275 cheaper than the KAMI and I'm not locked
into somebody's hardware (i.e. Motherboard).

What am I gaining with the KAMI?

Posted : 03/09/2016 5:26 am
natalini
Estimable Member

I like my synth because it is a music instrument with a character.
I like my synth not be hooked to windows or android or apple.
I like my synth for it's ergonomics made for a human. Steve jobs succeeded because he could integrate the human body and behavior in the design, making it his first goal. Standalone hardware will benefit from astonishing evolving of computers, smaller and smarter, "easy" to integrate. Why put the brain outside the box if there are plenty of rooms for it ?
As we have the technology, the key is ergonomics. I think montage shows some ways for that, it will have descendants if it have success and if it can overcome some internal design contradictions.

Posted : 03/09/2016 8:31 am
Page 2 / 2
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us