Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Montage and Polyphonic After Touch

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Is PAT relevant to the new technology that Montage introduces or are we talking apples and oranges?

Posted : 27/01/2016 2:31 pm
Bad Mister

Apples and oranges... 🙂

I've not seen a DATA LIST booklet but Yamaha does not currently make a keybed with polyphonic aftertouch (it really does change the way the bottom of the key fall feels. The action is the FSX synth action in the 6 and 7, and the Balanced Hammer piano-weighted action in the 8. All have Channel Aftertouch.

Posted : 27/01/2016 5:43 pm
Topic starter

Thanx,

It really starting to look like the Montage is making me an offer I can't refuse;)

Posted : 27/01/2016 7:46 pm
Phil
 Phil
Estimable Member

Don't know about Montage but remember, the Motif - as well as - many other non polyphonic after-touch keyboards DO RESPOND to or in other words receive polyphonic after-touch from external devices or data that are transmitting it.

Posted : 05/04/2016 10:43 pm
 Mark

I've looked but can't find anyone who makes a 'conventional' keybed with PAT. It's a shame. Speaking as an engineer, there's no reason why a properly designed system should change the way the 'bottom of key fall' feels. The problem is, however you do it, it adds considerable cost and creates a lot of extra midi-data that has to be processed in real-time. That said, it's a shame no one bothers.

The other thing that seems to have dropped off the spec. sheets in recent years is glissando; the same as portamento but with the pitch change quantised into semitone steps.

Posted : 06/04/2016 8:09 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us