3 Users
0 Likes
Larryo
Topic starter

Montage 7 v1.51.1
Mainstage 3.3
Latest Montage Connect AU
Mac OS 10.12.4

Montage Connect woks as expected in Logic Pro (10.3.1)
Back to MainStage:
If I try to add an instance of Montage Connect in a channel strip of MainStage, it causes MainStage to freeze with "spinning beachball of doom"
Force quit is only way out.

Was going to try using M.Connect to store Performances for Montage 7 across the room being used as a sound module.
Need to upgrade to Montage 8, can't get used to less than full size keys of the 7. (why do they do that?)
Using CP4 as controller, (great!)
All other aspects of using Montage as Audio interface (fantastic!), MIDI controller (great, except for the narrower keybed), work fine.

Anyone else have any experience with Montage Connect and MainStage?

Thanks in advance!

Peace!

Larryo

Posted : 14/04/2017 4:51 pm
Bad Mister

I understand a setup guide and article on using Montage with MainStage is in the works.

I'm not sure what the issue is, but will offer the following advice: one Montage would mean just one instance of Montage Connect as only one set of global instructions would be needed.

Posted : 17/04/2017 11:41 am
Blake Angelos
Member Admin

I would try first to connect just Montage to the computer (I was clear if that is your set up with other things in the mix). I literally just connected Montage and MainStage and it all worked as advertised (which is not the best thing anyone wants to hear when their system isn't working ;-). My software versions are identical to yours (but you didn't mention which version of Montage connect you are using. I will assume the latest which is 1.0.2.)

It is interesting that it works fine in Logic since my feeling is they use the same backend. Maybe try re-downloading and reinstalling Montage Connect?

Bad Mister is correct: There is an article in the works that I am creating. As soon as I can get it finished it will be here!

Posted : 17/04/2017 11:18 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us