Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Montage Envelope Follower & Audio Beat Sync

17 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Bad Mister

One other Kittar question: phrases are labeled with letters like A, B, C. The first few phrases in the song I’m working with are labeled A, A, B, C, A, A, B. Why the repeated labels for distinct phrases?

In Kittar, they use just A and B to define the Start and End/Loop Point for each Phrase. The vertical white line to the left of the cursor line is the Start or “A” point, the vertical white line to the right of the cursor’s current location is the End/Loop Point or “B” point.

Kittar “listens to” and breaks the song into Phrases. Phrase Start Point is “A”, the Phrase End Point is “B”. The Loop is always AB.
You can set the A and B points to manually determine the Start and End Point for each Phrase. Say you want to work on just the Intro, you’d make sure the first A and B points surround the Intro. It will repeat play, you can slow down the tempo without adjusting the pitch.

The “Suggested Phrase Names...” do include some other letters, these names can be set to any phrase for your own identification purposes - where they are Song format. Those suggested phrase names are:
Intro
Melody A
Melody B
Melody C
Chorus
Riff
Interlude
Solo
Bridge
Ending
Refrain

You can assign any of these to a Loop phrase segment, if you’d like. It’s up to you.

Posted : 26/04/2018 11:38 am
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member

I just figured out what the vertical, unevenly spaced white lines are in the Kittar edit screen for a phrase. They show how Kittar has broken down the entire song into a sequence of phrases. Amusingly enough, I figured this out while putting together a message asking what they were.

Apparently the help around here is so good that just thinking about asking for it causes the answer to magically pop into your head. 😀

The image below shows them hilited by a green circle.

Attached files

Posted : 27/04/2018 10:37 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us