Clear all

Montage Expansion Packs for 2017?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
david
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I know I'm not supposed to ask. Does Yamaha ever intend on releasing an official expansion pack for Montage in 2017? I've already purchased every Easy Sounds library and the Tyros had many packs available back when I owned the T4 and the T5. I've seen no offerings from Yamaha for the Montage except the Bos piano or did I miss one in 2016?

BTW is anyone else interested in the Arturia Matrixbrute offering? They're only 6 months behind schedule releasing it but I heard it's shipping out this month.

Posted : 09/01/2017 10:27 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

The "Bos piano" ended the last day of 2016 - so I would consider it to be a 2016 offering. I'm not sure if there are any more "freebies" to come - I would expect there to be somewhat of a redo for the inspiration in a flash (IIAF) given the general "buzz" it has already received. Would be great for the Montage version to include a few extra performances (in addition to the previous IIAF content) as a true refresh which takes what Yamaha knows both from the year+ of customer use and also leverages any new "tricks" the preset programmers have been able to learn.

When I reread your post, you didn't mention if free or at cost. The Blueman group set is new for Montage.

https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/sound-and-expansion-libraries/synth/blue-man-group-soundset?___store=us_retail_en&___from_store=us_retail_en

More for soundracks, the following I believe has limited utility (Abstrakt Horror):

https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/sound-and-expansion-libraries/synth/abstrakt-horror

These can be found on yamahamusicsoft by doing a search selecting the Montage as the target synth.

If you were looking for "freebies" - then I think you'll tend to get an answer like

"I'm not aware of any free soundset releases for 2017, but you will hear it first here on the forum."

... only Yamaha can really comment on the future - even if it something like the above.

Posted : 10/01/2017 12:57 am
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hello david - I like 'expansion packs' as examples of what other people can do, and often aspire to myself. Montage has vast capabilities of producing its own expansion packs though - the 1.75Gb limit is easily overcome with USB keys if needs be. Each of us have our own preferences, so I would like to see more flexibility in the 'Preset' area - I know I can tweak presets to something acceptable to me, and save them, but the original is still there and taking up space! I'd like to see a 'swap-out' arrangement through Yamaha, where presets could be exchanged for alternative ones, which would be more useful than another batch of performances mixed between those I love and those I hate. No idea how practical such an arrangement would be, but 'Connect' seems to offer a pathway?

Posted : 10/01/2017 9:07 am
Eyal
 Eyal
Eminent Member

Inspiration in a Flash, please, yes!

Many sounds there are timeless. some which I've had since the ES days (taking eons to load on DIMMs).

Live Scat is one of my alltime favorite patches (the Montage has 2 new lovely scat style performances but I love this oldie!), not to mention the lovely brass sections, trumpets and saxes there.

Posted : 10/01/2017 9:50 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us