Notifications
Clear all

Montage + Halion 6

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Halion 6 looks to offer everything missing in the Montage sound engine...

- VA synthesis
- Organ emulation
- wavetable synthesis
- string, brass and orchestral ensembles
- granular synthesis
- advanaced scripting language
- sampling engine

Any chance they will add better support for using Montage and comtrolling VSTs in a performance situation... now i am not a montage owner yet, but i havent seen much cubase and vst integration where it comes to comtrolling a performance...

Posted : 11/02/2017 8:21 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Not sure there is any lack of integration for live use. The main DAW integration complaint is in studio use - namely transport controls and some defeaturing vs some previous keyboards with more DAW integration. But this is not a relevant limitation in live use.

Halion's organ is ROMpler based so maybe just a different character but still sample based. Perhaps foldback is more authentic with it.

Sampling is interesting. Kind of redundant except the granular part. I say redundant assuming I would save a few hundred and use 3rd party waveform editors.

Still an interesting piece of software perhaps with some synergy potential. Would be great if ran on a tablet - then I would feel like it's quasi hardware.

Posted : 12/02/2017 8:16 am
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

Here an example with Halion Sonic 3 : Jamming with the New Hot Brass Library in HALion Sonic 3 | Performance Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx4BCcww0xY&feature=youtu.be

You can set on this Montage page per performance control change used by Montage controllers, with this you will be able to control Halion 6 i think (i do not use computer on stage) :

Posted : 12/02/2017 9:28 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us